2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews and Owner Comments

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 owners review and rate their 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (7 Reviews)
Overall
Had problems with the gauges stop working received a letter about a recall toke truck in a was told that the mileage was to high and the recall did not apply now the oil filter keeps popping off. What does a person to do now. It seems that nothing is ever GM's problems anymore
This is the best truck I have ever owned, 2003 SS with 191,518 miles and I'm now about to spend 2,000.00 in preventive maintenance just to be sure I can continue for another ten years!!!! I have always changed fluids when recommended and brake pads, thats it. The paint job is loosing its clear coat because I left it in the sun to long, other than that every single component work just fine however I don't abuse the truck but I do like to clean out the carbon every so often!
My 2003 silverado has been the worst vehicle I have owned. I had a 1993 and it was great, got 250,000 miles before engine went out on it shouaced of dropped a new engine in it instead of buying yhe 2003 model. Replaced brakes recently had to replace all four because of a recall on the brake system. Speedometer stopped working at about 100,000 miles, $600 dollars to fix. Fuel pump replaced $1000 dollars, bottom gasket on engine quote to replace $600 dollars. Now you now what I meant when I say worst truck or car I have ever had.
Big step up from my ford ranger! great fuel miliage, done a few modifications but on the highway i can get upwords to 21 mpg
I have the GMC version of this,they are exactly the same truck except for trim, I know,because I watched them go down the line for 22 years at Ft.Wayne truck Assy. plant. I love this truck it has not been any trouble at all, I replaced the rear brakes at 84,000 miles and that is all I've done to it. When I wax it people have asked if it is only a couple years old, it is now 7 years old and I will keep it till it quits and then fix it,even if it needs a new engine at 250k miles. I will leave this truck to my son.
Very good truck! A few problems but nothing major.
Nice truck-very good ride-looks good-