2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Reviews and Owner Comments

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx owners review and rate their 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx.

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx (5 Reviews)
Overall
i LOVE MY MAXX, BEST CAR i HAVE EVER HAD AND i HAVE PURCHASED NEW MANY TIMES. STEERING-NOT LIKING THE REPAIRS EVERY 2 YEARS ON IT BUT AFTER THE LATEST ROUND OF REPAIRS, I FELL IN LOVE AGAIN. I THINK I WILL KEEP THIS FOR A VERY LONG TIME. BTW, WHATS UP WITH THIS WINSHIELD BUZZING THING AT , 55 MPH.
Drove my 06 Maxx at the dealers when it had 3 miles on it, put 4 miles on it during the test drive, bought it the next day. Since then have put 3 sets of tires on it, 2 sets of brakes, 4 sets of windshield wiper blades, one set of front struts, and changed the oil 21 times. Car has 160,000 miles and still drives like a new one. It also still goes around corners like a big go cart.
My 2006 Maxx has 96,000 miles on it, and has required very little in the way of repairs. I replaced a front wheel bearing and tie rod end at around 75,000, and did the brakes at around 50,000 miles. Other than that all I have done is fluid replacements. I average 33 miles per gallon on the highway during the summer, and about 23 mpg in town. The car drives and looks almost new, and I live in upstate New York where the winters are brutal.
I bought a 2006 MM and once it hit 10k miles, the issues began. It used to shake terribly over bumps, I had inherent issues with the steering shaft, and the car needed new brakes AND rotors at 23k miles. The dealership said that was "normal." Not for me....I already had a lemon Cobalt....so I just let them repossess the piece of garbage.
This car has excellent handling in curves. Has great pick up and go speed as well. The only issue I have is with the Cowel. It vibrates constantly and is too expensive to just make it a quick fix.