2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Reviews and Owner Comments

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx owners review and rate their 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx.

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx (3 Reviews)
Overall
2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx LT - Review 14 Nov 2014...
What sold me on it / why I bought it:
7 aid bags, gas mileage and back seat leg room/versatility of cargo area/hatch back… in that order.

Purchased new in July 2005, w/all the extras… (
I enjoy the interior and design of this touring vehicle. Unfortunately i have had to replace rotors and pads more than once within three years. The power steering in my 2005 malibu maxx occasionally fails when I first start my car. The headlamps burn out after just a couple months of installation. The keyless entry no longer works. The power locks buttons do not work inside the car. There is a clunking noise when turning sharp to the left or to the right.
Few problems with this car and I love the versitility. It holds a 10 foot piece of lumber. I just learned that the front driver side bearing is going, muffler is starting to go, and suspension needs work. The bearing is of concern. The rest is expected. Will get a bid from the dealer, as well as others. Maybe they will cover it for a while. The Malibu seems to have bearing problems every 5-7 yrs, and they are sealed. Est is $800 from a mechanic.