1994 Cadillac Seville SLS Reviews and Owner Comments

1994 Cadillac Seville SLS owners review and rate their 1994 Cadillac Seville SLS.

1994 Cadillac Seville SLS (3 Reviews)
Overall
Among the several electrical problems I have with this car (doors locking and not unlocking, the trunk popping up randomly) I have a new problem with the alarm. My car alarm will go off randomly, if I lock it and try to unlock it, it will not unlock, and when I use the actual door key the alarm goes off. Even when I do not lock the car, I will get out and shut the door, setting the alarm off, which I didn't even set. At first I thought the key battery was dying, but now I am not too sure.
The '94 version of transverse NorthStar is an absolute racehorse. It is a thoroughbred. It will flat crawl up and get naked with you! I mean it is STOUT!
I'm the original owner of my Seville SLS. 147,000 miles! Only 3 tuneups.
I broke the engine mounts twice (I think from hard accelerating) . I think this is a very weak component in the engine compartment.
Oil & filter every 3,000 miles
The brakes and suspension work well when functioning properly. Air suspension parts are VERY expensive. around $9,000
Rear deck pull down motor broke. Dealer wanted $275 to replace it. My local mech. changed the switch for $10.
CD player only lasted a couple of years. Suggest third party CD/nav unit replacement.
On the highway, the engine creeps up to 85 without even thinking! Not a bad thing. Just use cruise control. It will accelerate effortlessly.
One complaint about the HVAC. This applies to many cars I own but especially this model. I can't control where the air flows. If I want it on my feet, I can't direct it there. The controls are all automatic. It blows the air where the car wants it. Of course I can switch to defrost but if I want the hot air from the heater to blow out the AC vents and on my face....can't do it.
This car drove like a dream when new. It must be maintained properly to continue that ride. Very expensive parts. There are cheaper aftermarket non-air systems but I prefer my car to remain stock.
I'm 6 ft 6 inches tall. Very comfortable car with lots of knee, hip, and head room. (no moonroof)
MPG new was 29mpg on hwy.
Currently getting 21-25 on hwy (note: 147,000 miles)
Engine is still VERY strong.
Front wheel drive is very stable.
I love this car.
$34,999 off the showroom floor in 1994
The race-bred Northstar engine is awesome. It will spank a 5.0 Mustang and yet still gets 25 mpg hwy. Comfortable interior and ergonomic controls.
The PCM wiring cracks easy and develops shorts/ground problems.
Suspension is great...when it works properly. I recommend switching to the passive suspension components.
Overall a very good car.