2003 Audi TT Quattro Reviews and Owner Comments

2003 Audi TT Quattro owners review and rate their 2003 Audi TT Quattro.

2003 Audi TT Quattro (4 Reviews)
Overall
Great car loved it so I bought a newer one 2008 with 3.2 love it even more.
Love my tt,but can anyone tell me what is wrong with it? It has a banging sound which only makes a noise in 1st gear on acceloration.It sounds like it is coming from the front driver's side wheel.It is not the gearbox,could this be a strut top mount or a bush of somekind.It has been to the garage and they are having difficulties in finding the problem.I have been told that everything is fine,obviously not as i can feel the knock through the footwell.
Regards M Rogers
2003 TT Quatro 6 speed manual: Headlight low beams occasionally don't work. Replaced both balast & both bulbs ($300 parts); lights still don't work regularly. Dash indicator shows headlight out when they're both working. Can't seem to fix this headlight problem - got pulled over several times for no headlight(s). Often try to start engine & alarm goes off. At 115k miles the shifter fork broke inside manual transmission leaving the car stuck in first gear; $2,500 repair at local shop.
This car is one of the best bang for your buck. My friends call it a Poor man's Porsche...It is well designed, well executed and well balanced. After driving alternatives, I cannot find a vehicle that drives as well, parks anywhere, and is good on gas. I average approx 24MPG.