Is this a faulty reverse light switch or can it be something else?
Reverse light stays on until you change to 3rd gear and only then turns off. on 1996 Ford Escort
More than likely the reverse switch sticking or some internal holding it closed.
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
1996 Ford Escort Estimates
- Ignition Switch Replacement (Electrical) ($129 - 275) in Menlo, IA
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($205 - 356) in Sullivan, IL
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($255 - 331) in Badger, IA
- Water Pump Replacement ($310 - 411) in Edwards, MO
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($462 - 662) in White Cloud, MI
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Corvallis, MT