Is this a faulty reverse light switch or can it be something else?
Reverse light stays on until you change to 3rd gear and only then turns off. on 1996 Ford Escort
More than likely the reverse switch sticking or some internal holding it closed.
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1996 Ford Escort Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($477 - 949) in Menlo, IA
- 55,000 Mile Service ($115 - 171) in Sullivan, IL
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Badger, IA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($181 - 398) in Edwards, MO
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($312 - 530) in White Cloud, MI
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($160 - 230) in Corvallis, MT