this started about the last month and a half or so, but it's very sporadic. When it does happen, this is how it goes: put the car in Reverse, and step on the gas-the car goes very slowly in reverse and kind of sputters as it's in reverse. All other gears consistently engage just fine. I haven't found a common thread for when it happens, it's very random. Am I looking at a new tranny or perhaps something as simple as replacing the filter, and adding new fluid? The car as just under 149K miles on it. Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Reverse gear sometimes doesn't engage completely on 1995 Nissan Altima
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
May 18, 2011
it sounds internal and most likely the trans will have to come out. get a trans shop to verify and give you a bid.
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Front end shaky at highway speed, tires balanced recently,not a smooth ride
- how much is it to fix a push to start issue on a 2009 nissan altima
- Can’t shut off 1998 Nissan Altima’s alarm
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
1995 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Wiper Motor Replacement ($262 - 308) in Fordyce, NE
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($258 - 327) in Coral Springs, FL
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 108) in Aberdeen, OH
- Oil and Filter Change ($31 - 61) in Vinton, IA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($53 - 148) in Romulus, NY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($410 - 942) in Uniontown, MO