we just had 4 new tires put on and had the shop go ahead and do a 4 wheel alignment to prevent premature wear on a brand new set of tires!!unfortately they found that the uppr control arms were loose,to the point they couldnt correctly align the front end.i have heard some horror stories of a "frozen" or siezed bolt in the pinch bar part of the assembly,ANY hints,tips,advice to help me get through this smoothly will be very much appreciated..and i send thanks to all.
replacing upper control arms/passenger side on 1999 Audi A4 Quattro
Asked by for the 1999 Audi A4 Quattro
0 answersApril 07, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Audi A4 Quattro Questions
- When I put the car into gear and release the clutch, it won't drive
- Theres a loud whine when I accelerate at high RPM. What could it be?
- The ride control suspension just dropped. The lights flash and nothing happens,
- I can't pull off my intake manifold/fuel rail. It wiggles but feels stuck.
- My cams were rotated independantly of the crank during a timing chain repair.
1999 Audi A4 Quattro Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($401 - $1,150) in Olanta, PA
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - $54) in Casco, MI
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($290 - $379) in Canaan, ME
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($220 - $396) in Lumber City, GA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($537 - $640) in Flatwoods, KY
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($105 - $166) in Groton, SD