Looking for someone who has experience with the 4.0 SOHC VIN E motor,My timing chian is rattling,Ihave heard that is common for these to get worn cassetes guides and tensioners,but you have to remove the oil pan and heads to do this job and the kit is 500.00 dollars,Im trying to find out if there is a way to replace just the tensioners and cassete guides without removing the heads and oil pan,wich involves removing the motor.
Replacing timing chain cassetes and tensioners on 1998 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- how do I change the oil pump on a 2000 Ford 4.0L engine?
- I bought my car and was told i needed to get a new sink row.
- Will not come out of drive stays in it even in reverse.
- when filling gas tank gas pump shuts off like tank is full ,unless you fill very
- How can I trick the PCM into thinking there is a speed sensor, its engine swap.