Looking for someone who has experience with the 4.0 SOHC VIN E motor,My timing chian is rattling,Ihave heard that is common for these to get worn cassetes guides and tensioners,but you have to remove the oil pan and heads to do this job and the kit is 500.00 dollars,Im trying to find out if there is a way to replace just the tensioners and cassete guides without removing the heads and oil pan,wich involves removing the motor.
Replacing timing chain cassetes and tensioners on 1998 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
- how do I fix the windshield wipers that don't work
- the motor dies when I put the unit in drive
- Has there been replacement of the PT unit I am having grinding grunting noise
1998 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Transmission Fluid Change ($139 - 180) in Carson, IA
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($284 - 346) in Aristes, PA
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Troy, IL
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($93 - 150) in Minerva, OH
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($748 - 830) in Grygla, MN
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($44 - 63) in Elk, CA