A week ago my key simply kept turning in the ignition and was locked in place. I had the part ordered and have the trim and old part off. Also the steering is currently locked as well. I have the new part connected to the electrical and in the cylinder but there's no way to keep the part in place and the key has to wiggle to even allow the switch to fall all the way in place. It will allow me to push it in but the key wont turn and I can only get power, no engagement on turning the starter at all. Any advice or questions for more detail are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Replacing my coded key ignition switch. on 2007 Audi A4
This week's top 10
Recent Audi A4 Questions
- Hello, I have an audi 2013 A4 that won't start, no lights on, MMI Works
- Should I replace my transmission or dump the car?
- Enging spudders and back fires at WOT.
- the emergency/hazards lights came on automatically and will not go off
- Some automatic windows, car alarm, and convertible top stuck while opening
2007 Audi A4 Estimates
- 100,000 Mile Service ($224 - 323) in Piercy, CA
- 142,500 Mile Service ($126 - 206) in Ewan, NJ
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($563 - 836) in Hudsonville, MI
- 37,500 Mile Service ($126 - 206) in Freedom, IN
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($755 - 794) in Drayton, SC
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($61 - 145) in Prairie du Sac, WI