was driving on freeway, timing belt broke, got off 1st exit, pushed on gas pedal but it stayed at an idle. turned off engine and towed it home. replaced timing belt correctly and now it will turn over but wont start. someone told me it may be an engine valve got damaged. how do I find out? or do you have any info regarding my problem that you can share or advise?
replaced timing belt. turn over no start. how do I know if valves need replaced on 2003 Dodge Neon
Asked by for the 2003 Dodge Neon
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Neon Questions
- Car starts here and there and then stopped.
- I have another code I would like to see what it will tell me what the problem is
- I start car it idles then dies i have to keep gas pedal pressed when i let off
- My 04 Neon always idles a bit rough. Has 77k on it and runs great otherwise.
- how much does it cost for oil pan replacement
2003 Dodge Neon Estimates
- AC Condenser Replacement ($424 - 618) in Mexico Beach, FL
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($160 - 226) in Glenshaw, PA
- Brake Hose Replacement ($83 - 123) in Robertsdale, AL
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Burnside, PA
- Clutch Cable Replacement ($198 - 215) in Kenyon, MN
- Timing Belt Replacement ($574 - 881) in Mc Gregor, TX