was driving on freeway, timing belt broke, got off 1st exit, pushed on gas pedal but it stayed at an idle. turned off engine and towed it home. replaced timing belt correctly and now it will turn over but wont start. someone told me it may be an engine valve got damaged. how do I find out? or do you have any info regarding my problem that you can share or advise?
replaced timing belt. turn over no start. how do I know if valves need replaced on 2003 Dodge Neon
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Neon Questions
- Why does my car over heat when using the blinkers?
- Car don't overheat but water gargles after ya drive it?
- We just changed the rear wheel bearings and now the brake pedal has no pressure and my car has no brakes...what happened?
- My car isn't shifting out of first and it's RPMs are reading high??
- Had timing belt brake and well caused to have new motor put in .bent rod,heads would have to be shaved. Was a new motor the right choice total cost 1000.00.