when battery light came on we expected bad alternator, alternator was good added more groung and battery light went off, week later light came on alternator was bad, replaced it, removed previous added ground wire, problem fixed battery light went out drove it about 7 miles and battery light came back on. added more ground again but light stayed on, turned out alternator was bad, not charging battery. going to replace it again with warrantee, but I'm concerned that something else might be wrong that will cause this alternator to not work as well. Don't know yet haven't put new one in yet, maybe I actually just got a faulty one, it happens but I think the problem lies else where, what do you think, please help,
replaced alternator & battery light won't go off its not charging the battery on 1991 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1991 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
1991 Honda Accord Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($547 - $755) in Pillager, MN
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Folsom, LA
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($206 - $331) in Vallecitos, NM
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in East Stroudsburg, PA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($1,250 - $3,393) in Dover, NJ
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($106 - $113) in Brockway, MT