I have confirmed that I have an oil leak on the left head gasket (and smaller leak on the right side). There are 87,000 miles on the car. Does it make sense to get the timing belt + pump replaced now to avoid taking everything apart again at 105k miles, since I am getting the head gaskets fixed?
replace timing belt early if repairing head gasket leak? on 2003 Subaru Impreza
Asked by for the 2003 Subaru Impreza
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Impreza Questions
- When I shut the car off I here a electric motor running near the back wheels.
- Check engine light on and having problems filling tank sometimes.
- check engine light came on cruise light flashing
- Replaced timing belt and water pump now won't start
- I 've been noticing on startup a whistleing noise coming from engine on start up
2003 Subaru Impreza Estimates
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Paramount, CA
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Valier, MT
- AC Condenser Replacement ($438 - $585) in Okmulgee, OK
- AC Recharge ($200 - $276) in Terrace Park, OH
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($272 - $423) in Monson, MA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($472 - $620) in Stuart, VA