I am replacing my steering box, but I cannot separate the steering column shaft from the input shaft on the box... I loosened the retaining bolt, but cannot get the collar to spread apart from the splined input shaft. I tried blunt force with a hammer and then heating with a plumbers torch (map gas), but to no avail... any secrets, hints, or specials tools? GREATLY appreciated!!!
replace steering box on 2001 GMC Savana 3500
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Savana 3500 Questions
- Driver side rear turn signal not working
- Low beam headlights not working high beams are working and there is no power going to their plugs but no fuses are blown and the relay works
- How do you change the time?
- my day time running lights won't turn off is it a switch or the relay?
- speedometer showing 180 km/hr...only going 80..engine seems to kick off