My son's check engine light was on, he had oil changed but light stayed on. He should have done further checking but didn't.Car started jerking & making a noise then stopped. Dealer said transmission seized (no fluid) & hybrid battery had two bad cells. Cost to repair $9000. Car has 110K miles.
Replace Hybrid battery & transmission $9K,is this a fair price? on 2007 Toyota Prius
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Prius Questions
- No fluid comes out rear washer?
- Tonight my car banged, clanked, and lurched going downhill. What's wrong?
- Turn on turn signal indicator and all light come on as if hazards are on
- What is the tank on the front passenger side behind the wheel well?
- Necessary to change trans fluid, engine and inverter coolant at 95,000 miles?
2007 Toyota Prius Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($191 - 335) in Raton, NM
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($197 - 238) in Woodway, TX
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($659 - 875) in Eielson Afb, AK
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($229 - 321) in West Stewartstown, NH
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($83 - 105) in Linden, CA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($239 - 305) in Baker City, OR