Spark plug in cylinder 2 came out after putting it back in two years ago. Took it into a shop to just have all the cables and plugs replaced. Went back and the engine is running rough. Mechanic told me it isn't holding compression due to the threading on cylinder two and head needs to be replaced ($1200). I ran it by another shop and they pulled P0302 error code since my check engine light is now coming on. This morning the check engine light was not on and the car is still running a little rough, although not as bad as yesterday. Should I still consider replacing the head?
Replace cylinder head fix the problem? on 2000 Plymouth Neon
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Plymouth Neon Questions
- The power steering fluid leaks.
- Wats wrong if the car jus all of a sudden starts smoking and shaking
- I replaced the a heater core on a 2000 plymouth neon. And now wipers won't work
- I have a Neon that is no crank, no start. I have been troubleshooting, and I want to see if what I think it is makes sense, and if there is anything I haven't thought to check yet that could be the problem. I'll explain everything in the details. Thanks!
- What cause engine to jump when AC turned on
2000 Plymouth Neon Estimates
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($157 - 262) in Spottsville, KY
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($228 - 403) in Sutersville, PA
- Starter Replacement ($325 - 390) in Church Road, VA
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($121 - 196) in Elberton, GA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($53 - 66) in Alvarado, TX
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Cato, NY