How do i take the belt off to replace alternator
replace alternator on 2001 Ford Explorer
ANSWER by raiderron ,
April 28, 2011
There is a spring loaded tensioner that will have a pulley on it that the belt rides on. You will need the proper tool to pull/push tensioner to allow the belt to slack and take off. Be carefull because when you get belt off the tensioner will swing farther than when is against the belt.
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
- how can I disconnect the ABS module so that the ABS warning will not light up?
2001 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Universal Joint Replacement ($189 - 259) in Merrifield, VA
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Martindale, PA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($244 - 355) in Tuxedo, NC
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($141 - 200) in Cohutta, GA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($202 - 332) in Louisville, TN
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($83 - 105) in Saluda, NC