Hello! I recently purchased a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo that is in great condition on the outside, but needs a little love on the engine. This is my first time handling such things, and am looking for an outside opinion. I took my new little car into a local shop and the mechanic called me back and informed me that my car is leaking everywhere. The oil pan, the head gasket, and a few other places I can't even pronounce - something about cylinders and rings?. He gave me an estimate of $1200 and I told him to go ahead. He then called me back and said he'd done his math wrong, that the repairs would be $2100! How do these estimates sound? The car was leaking oil on the driveway and had some white smoke coming from the tail pipe, so I know it needed fixing. Can I trust this estimate?
Repair estimate on 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
1 answerFebruary 04, 2015
1 answerMay 02, 2010
1 answerJuly 26, 2010
My name is Jonathan and I wanted to get a estimate of how much would it cost to get my timing belt fixed. When it broke, i didnt hear any metal rubbing against each other. When the timing belt broke, that's when i let off the gas and stopped my car
1 answerNovember 29, 2014
3 answersSeptember 10, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Mitsubishi Eclipse Questions
- Why would my ABS and TCL lights stay on?
- why does my floors fill with water when it rains? Nothing else is wet?
- Why does my manual transmission pops out of 4th and 5th gear while driving.
- why wont feed from coil disperse thru system could this be a security issue
- I can't get the tensioner to compress how do I get it back on