I've always leased because I'm not a car guy in terms of performing my own maintenance nor do I have a trusted mechanic. But I'm sick of leasing and finally want to own outright but maintenance is obviously a factor. Plus there's the issue of where to buy fom. Dealer? Craigslist? eBay motors? And then from whom to get an independent inspection if it's the latter two. Based on my Consumer Reports research Honda, Acura, Subaru, Toyota and especially Lexus seem to have the best reliability for their say 1999-2004 models, and I fully expect the car to have over 100,000+ miles on it already. Sorry for posing such a broad question but I wanted to go outside my limited research and hear from some PEOPLE. Thanks in advance - Joe ~~ P.S. The car will likely endure about 50 in town miles per weekday and one Ohio-South Carolina trip per year - thanks!
Reliability? $8,000 to spend - what Small to Mid size SUV to get? Old Lexus? on 2002 Lexus RX300
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus RX300 Questions
- shifter is hard to get out of park and into drive
- the automatic shifter is getting hard to take out of park and put into drive
- How much to repair transmission and where is a good place to go in Ventura county
- My car shut off when I was driving why?
- this is common, RECALLED?do we have to pay out of pocket?
2002 Lexus RX300 Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($211 - 296) in South Lancaster, MA
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 119) in Carpio, ND
- 120,000 Mile Service ($713 - 976) in Iola, KS
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Dennisville, NJ
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($447 - 552) in Richmond, IL
- Trans Mount Replacement ($179 - 195) in Woodbine, NJ