I've always leased because I'm not a car guy in terms of performing my own maintenance nor do I have a trusted mechanic. But I'm sick of leasing and finally want to own outright but maintenance is obviously a factor. Plus there's the issue of where to buy fom. Dealer? Craigslist? eBay motors? And then from whom to get an independent inspection if it's the latter two. Based on my Consumer Reports research Honda, Acura, Subaru, Toyota and especially Lexus seem to have the best reliability for their say 1999-2004 models, and I fully expect the car to have over 100,000+ miles on it already. Sorry for posing such a broad question but I wanted to go outside my limited research and hear from some PEOPLE. Thanks in advance - Joe ~~ P.S. The car will likely endure about 50 in town miles per weekday and one Ohio-South Carolina trip per year - thanks!
Reliability? $8,000 to spend - what Small to Mid size SUV to get? Old Lexus? on 2002 Lexus RX300
Asked by for the 2002 Lexus RX300
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus RX300 Questions
- could a radio antenna cause battery to drain?it makes a strange noise going up
- My truck will not go into gear. For example: reverse,park,or drive.
- My 2002 RX 300 smokes blue smoke,but not at start of day. What's wrong?
- i think i blew a fuse but can't find the blown fuse
- engine lite comes on car runes perfectly all leavels are full
2002 Lexus RX300 Estimates
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($298 - $521) in South Lancaster, MA
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($451 - $545) in Carpio, ND
- Spark Plug Replacement ($309 - $408) in Iola, KS
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Dennisville, NJ
- Engine Mount Replacement ($424 - $440) in Richmond, IL
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($93 - $117) in Woodbine, NJ