Auto Systems and Repair: Refrigerant (R12/R134a)
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Air conditioning does not blow cold air
Related Repair Advice
- Some refrigerant leaks can be very difficult to locate. Many shops will inject dye into the system in order to try and pinpoint the leak.
- The proper refrigerant charge (or fill) is critical to proper AC operation
- Only refrigerant recommend by the manufacturer should be used when recharging the AC system
- Due to the high cost of R-12 refrigerant, in some cases, it may be cost effective to retrofit an old R-12 system to use the new R-134A refrigerant