Car began idling rough today; hesitant ignition. EGR valve was sticking. Have replaced the EGR valve twice in the past year and a half. If I hook a vacuum line to it, I can get it unstuck but after a while it will do it again. No engine light indicating problems with sensors, but then again, the thermostat for temp has been lit for about 5 years even though there is no problem with overheating, mechanic told me at that time that he could run a test at the price of about $80 but that it was a common fault on these cars for the light to be on. Got a rebuilt transmission little over a year ago and that seems to be having some minor hesitation shifting from second to third gear at random times. Ideas? Solutions?
Recurring EGR valve problems on 2001 Mazda Tribute
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
November 27, 2012
Are you doing the work , or is a mechanic? That will help in how the question is answered.
2 answersNovember 06, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Tribute Questions
- cranks with no attempt at starting
- How do I get to transmission timing seal to replace
- What could b the reason on the egr has blown a hole threw the cast
- My brakes go all the way down when trying to brake. Why?? How can I fix?
- where is fuel filter located?on 2005 mazda tribute inline?just want to change