Car began idling rough today; hesitant ignition. EGR valve was sticking. Have replaced the EGR valve twice in the past year and a half. If I hook a vacuum line to it, I can get it unstuck but after a while it will do it again. No engine light indicating problems with sensors, but then again, the thermostat for temp has been lit for about 5 years even though there is no problem with overheating, mechanic told me at that time that he could run a test at the price of about $80 but that it was a common fault on these cars for the light to be on. Got a rebuilt transmission little over a year ago and that seems to be having some minor hesitation shifting from second to third gear at random times. Ideas? Solutions?
Recurring EGR valve problems on 2001 Mazda Tribute
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
November 27, 2012
Are you doing the work , or is a mechanic? That will help in how the question is answered.
2 answersNovember 06, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Tribute Questions
2001 Mazda Tribute Estimates
- 130,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Elkton, MN
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 114) in Oxford, OH
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($127 - 171) in Saddle River, NJ
- Steering Rack Replacement ($795 - 1,173) in Jay, OK
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($89 - 385) in Marcellus, MI
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($101 - 119) in Mc Clellandtown, PA