Car began idling rough today; hesitant ignition. EGR valve was sticking. Have replaced the EGR valve twice in the past year and a half. If I hook a vacuum line to it, I can get it unstuck but after a while it will do it again. No engine light indicating problems with sensors, but then again, the thermostat for temp has been lit for about 5 years even though there is no problem with overheating, mechanic told me at that time that he could run a test at the price of about $80 but that it was a common fault on these cars for the light to be on. Got a rebuilt transmission little over a year ago and that seems to be having some minor hesitation shifting from second to third gear at random times. Ideas? Solutions?
Recurring EGR valve problems on 2001 Mazda Tribute
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
November 27, 2012
Are you doing the work , or is a mechanic? That will help in how the question is answered.
1 more answer
2 answersNovember 06, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Tribute Questions
- I replaced my fuel pump and now my battery keeps draining in an overnight period
- o/d light flashed on and off then smoke come from under bonnet and back of car
- location neutral safety switch
- will replacing the pcm and not flashing it to the vehicle mess up transmission?
- I'm searching for the MAZDA BONGO e1800 workshop manual
2001 Mazda Tribute Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($346 - 443) in Elkton, MN
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Oxford, OH
- Water Pump Replacement ($262 - 374) in Saddle River, NJ
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($217 - 336) in Jay, OK
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($368 - 400) in Marcellus, MI
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($219 - 267) in Mc Clellandtown, PA