thanks for the responce oakman...i went thru the panel originally, but with the window up, the motor mechanism is in the way of the two screws on the cylinder. the does tailgate come apart somehow or do i have to take all the window guts and glass out instead?
rear window key cylinder on 1990 GMC Jimmy
by bjc78 in Woodland Hills, CA on February 11, 2010
1 answerFebruary 07, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Jimmy Questions
- 99' JIMMY 4.3 My 4wd was serviced and HAD FRONT DIFF. AND TRANSFER CASE REPLACED. now the service4x4, light is lot up full-time and 4 button selector , has no lights at all, EVER!
- What's the Possible causes of a gas gauge pegged Below E' ,even after installing a fuel pump. 99' 4.3 vortex 4x4 jimmy.the truck is bucking and stalls occasionally at a stop... Is there a circuit shorting out ?
- My jimmy sometimes doesnt want to accelarate like normal and doesnt want to shift til 3 to 4000 rpm but other times its fine.when it acts up i cant get it past 35 40 mph.when it starts acting up theres a noise like its suckn air and a high pitch..i
- abs light comes on. rpms go up. car wouldn't move or slowly move. disconnect battery reset the computer, problem would go away until the next time. (couple of weeks) speedometer wouldn't work
- what does a clacking sound in the engine when you accelerate and brake mean?