There is a "shock absorber" on the passenger side rear bracketed to the frame and the lower control arm. The thing is rotten with rust and needs replacement but I can't find it at the dlr or local parts store. Can I remove it or is there a suitable replacement shock absorber match? What is it called?
Rear suspension on 1996 Ford Explorer
BEST ANSWER by hemicuda,
March 24, 2009
There are good diagrams on this site http://www.parts.com/ put your year make and model and put shock under part search, Looks like its a auto ride control shock probably dealer only item but looks like parts.com has them for $106
1 answerJune 04, 2011
2 answersApril 02, 2010
3 answersDecember 31, 2008
2 answersAugust 08, 2010
3 answersMay 18, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- how do I change the oil pump on a 2000 Ford 4.0L engine?
- I bought my car and was told i needed to get a new sink row.
- Will not come out of drive stays in it even in reverse.
- when filling gas tank gas pump shuts off like tank is full ,unless you fill very
- How can I trick the PCM into thinking there is a speed sensor, its engine swap.