» » »

Ford Q&A

Ask Your Question

1996 Ford Explorer Question: Rear suspension



, V6, Bel Air, MD, March 24, 2009, 10:58

There is a "shock absorber" on the passenger side rear bracketed to the frame and the lower control arm. The thing is rotten with rust and needs replacement but I can't find it at the dlr or local parts store. Can I remove it or is there a suitable replacement shock absorber match? What is it called?

1 Answer
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    March 24, 2009, 13:56

    There are good diagrams on this site http://www.parts.com/ put your year make and model and put shock under part search, Looks like its a auto ride control shock probably dealer only item but looks like parts.com has them for $106

    Flag This