I have say 1/4 inch soft rubber hose hanging from the rear end of my explorer. Someone hooked it back up at one time and has come off again and I can't locate where it goes so I can hook it back on and clamp it.
Rear End on 1999 Ford Explorer
ANSWER by Valleyautotech,
September 01, 2009
Sounds like it's just a breather hose to vent the axle to the outside air. Keeps pressure in the axle housing from building up and pushing gear oil where it shouldn't go, You can wire tie it up high somewhere but don't kink it as it needs to breathe.
1 answerJanuary 31, 2011
Verified for the Ford Explorer10 reports
1 answerFebruary 06, 2009
5 answersSeptember 22, 2010
2 answersApril 20, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- I bought my car and was told i needed to get a new sink row.
- Will not come out of drive stays in it even in reverse.
- when filling gas tank gas pump shuts off like tank is full ,unless you fill very
- How can I trick the PCM into thinking there is a speed sensor, its engine swap.
- Replaced Ford range control it still goes forward in reverse.