I heard a loud rumble from the rear end and had a diagnostic which stated there is a problem with the rear differential and its leaking oil. Does this mean it needs to be replaced and how costly is this type of repair?
Rear Differential repair on 1998 Ford Expedition
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Expedition Questions
- The rear side windows how do you close them?
- Truck has a hard time starting and once started white smoke comes from exhaust
- FUEL PUMP RELAY FUSE
- My transmission shifts really quick when accelerating, and shifts really slow
- I just recently changed the fuse box alternator fuse link and battery no start!
1998 Ford Expedition Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($217 - 329) in Pulaski, MS
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Stringtown, OK
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Au Gres, MI
- Steering Gearbox Replacement ($560 - 645) in Sylvania, GA
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($223 - 259) in Zurich, MT
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($121 - 158) in Port Edwards, WI