2004 V8 5.3 with AWD and 68,000 miles. When making tight turn say in a parking lot, the rear end act like its crabbing or jumping. I had the identical vehicle before and that had a very smooth turning action.
Rear differential crabbing or binding? on 2004 Buick Rainier
Look at the tires that they are the same size make and thread depth. Get the differential oil hot by doing figure eights in a parking lot change the oil and use GM/Buick approved oil in the differential.
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Rainier Questions
- Why am I hearing a rattling sound from my front tire when turning right?
- Suspension rear air bags are fully inflated. How can I dump the air?
- My problem is different. Air bags are fully inflated and will not purge. Help!
- Rear liftgate glass release button does not work.
- 2005 Buick Rainier front differential replacement options
2004 Buick Rainier Estimates
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($756 - 1,231) in Luning, NV
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($429 - 747) in South Roxana, IL
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($112 - 148) in Kossuth, PA
- Head Gasket Replacement ($2,035 - 2,628) in Canby, CA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($521 - 600) in Bradenville, PA
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($88 - 103) in Gallaway, TN