i am replacing rear brakes on 09jetta. the problem im having is with getting the piston to reset. iam turning as directed with a special key for this purpose and applying pressure to caliper at same time but the piston will not twist back in. please advise thank you.
rear brake? on 2009 Volkswagen Jetta
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta12 reports
1 answerJune 10, 2010
1 answerApril 21, 2011
- How to Fix Your Brakes
- 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
- 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Maintenance Schedule
- 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Problems(14)
- 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Repair Estimates
- 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Q&A(49)
- 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls(4)
- 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Shops
- 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
2009 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($288 - $478) in Casnovia, MI
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($872 - $1,293) in Pahokee, FL
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($261 - $337) in Truxton, MO
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($433 - $591) in Goleta, CA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($105 - $134) in Douglasville, GA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($824 - $924) in Sandston, VA