when my car is idling or decelerating with clutch engaged.i heard a loud rattling from inside my exhaust.it sounds as if theres gravel lying in my catalytic converter and bouncing around when you rev engine.heat sheilds are removed.also the tone of my car sounds muffled and wrong compared to the good sounding growl it had before.i have also noticed engine power is a bit sluggish and gas mileage has dropped probly 5 miles per gallon.it has duals into an h pipe that connect to a single tailpipe.everyone is telling me a baffle inside my cats could be broke loose and turned,thereby rattling and making sound muffled.also the exhaust gases are backing up causing poor performance and lower mileage.could this diagnosis be correct?
rattling noise in exhaust system on 1999 Ford Mustang
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Mustang Questions
- something keeps frying my pcm what is it? electrical mechanic has it & doesnt no
- My car just recently now when allerate or when take off pedal after it raddles
- My car won't shift into gears and when it does it sounds horrible. What's wrong?
- AC/Heater blower motor not working
- I have smoke and oil out of my tail pipe car refusing to started one time