when my car is idling or decelerating with clutch engaged.i heard a loud rattling from inside my exhaust.it sounds as if theres gravel lying in my catalytic converter and bouncing around when you rev engine.heat sheilds are removed.also the tone of my car sounds muffled and wrong compared to the good sounding growl it had before.i have also noticed engine power is a bit sluggish and gas mileage has dropped probly 5 miles per gallon.it has duals into an h pipe that connect to a single tailpipe.everyone is telling me a baffle inside my cats could be broke loose and turned,thereby rattling and making sound muffled.also the exhaust gases are backing up causing poor performance and lower mileage.could this diagnosis be correct?
rattling noise in exhaust system on 1999 Ford Mustang
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Mustang Questions
- I was driving my 2002 Mustang down the road and then all of a sudden black smoke
- when i turn on car the key dinging bell will not stop dinging . i think it is di
- Check engine code p322&455 whats most common problem
- How to fix error code P2122 for Ford Mustang with engine 3.7L of year 2014
- How do I troubleshoot my horn not working?