radiator leak, found it, don't know how to fix on 2001 Honda Accord

I have a leak close to the radiator cap. here is a link, that has pics http://www.2carpros.com/forum/2001-honda-accord-leaking-radiator-fluid-found-the-leak-d-vt325268.html?highlight= Thanks

by in Houston, TX on July 22, 2009
1 answer 2 comments
ANSWER by on July 22, 2009
After looking at your pictures it looks as if the radiator is cracked at the mounting location. If that is the case then your radiator will need to be replaced.
COMMENT by on July 22, 2009
Thaks Russ, Do you know about how much that would be? Could you seal that?
COMMENT by on July 22, 2009
The top and bottom sections of your radiator are plastic. The plastic top section looks to be where the crack is. The plastic tank cannot be repaired, some radiator shops will replace the plastic tanks only. Most radiators are not very expensive these days and are replaced when leaks occur. Please check the repairpal website for cost estimates.
Related Items:
...hat was involved in a rear ender and also had those lights come on and that it was likely just error codes. Yesterday, when the shop called me to tell me that my car would likely be ready today (it w...

Related Content