will a faulty radiator cap cause overheating in this car?
radiator cap on 1995 Lexus ES300
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by hemicuda ,
April 05, 2010
Yes, Each vehicle has a certain PSI radiator cap and once it looses its pressure holding capability it could overheat as coolant and water has a higher boiling point when its under pressure. Have a shop pressure test your cooling system http://repairpal.com/directory?address=33025&car_brand_names=Lexus
1 answerNovember 02, 2013
1 answerApril 05, 2010
2 answersFebruary 17, 2010
1 answerAugust 03, 2010
1 answerOctober 18, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus ES300 Questions
- Car was running fine,then suddenly started missing badly.Now it starts and run b
- How long should you wait to replace PCV valve?
- The ES 300 pulls hard right when driving down the road and makes a poping sound
- why when outside temp gets above 45 degrees does my car miss, smoke, eat gas
- The engine makes sort of a revving sound...
1995 Lexus ES300 Estimates
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($253 - 292) in Blum, TX
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Ivanhoe, MN
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($72 - 106) in Anna, TX
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($423 - 579) in Dingle, ID
- Engine Mount Replacement ($268 - 450) in Homer, IL
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($249 - 287) in Stillwater, MN