will a faulty radiator cap cause overheating in this car?
radiator cap on 1995 Lexus ES300
BEST ANSWER by hemicuda ,
April 05, 2010
Yes, Each vehicle has a certain PSI radiator cap and once it looses its pressure holding capability it could overheat as coolant and water has a higher boiling point when its under pressure. Have a shop pressure test your cooling system http://repairpal.com/directory?address=33025&car_brand_names=Lexus
1 answerNovember 02, 2013
1 answerApril 05, 2010
2 answersFebruary 17, 2010
1 answerAugust 03, 2010
1 answerOctober 18, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus ES300 Questions
- The engine makes sort of a revving sound...
- Trouble maintaining tire pressure.
- Okay I just purchased a 94es300lexus the only issue I had when I got it was over
- How can I replace the passenger side CV axle. Seems to be seize..
- My car turns on but will not move until I put it in L gear let go gas peddle?
1995 Lexus ES300 Estimates
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($41 - 57) in Blum, TX
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($310 - 449) in Ivanhoe, MN
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Anna, TX
- Steering Rack Replacement ($896 - 1,235) in Dingle, ID
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($242 - 623) in Homer, IL
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($349 - 677) in Stillwater, MN