We just had the cooling fan replaced (check engine code) to the tune of $1K. Lost some antifreeze brought it back and was told that there was a crack in the coolant reservoir. Replaced that (P&L) 240 and then they told me that the hydraulic pump to the cooling fan is misfiring. Dealer said that I need to replace this and that as long as I am not idiling in traffic for 25 to 30 min the car should be fine just to keep an eye on the temp gauge. Is the pump something that should have been looked at when the fan was replaced? and does it sound correct for the repair to be 600 (P&L).
Questions about hydralic cooling fan pump on 2000 Lincoln LS
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln LS Questions
- I replaced my power steering pump and now I have no power steering what's wrong?
- How bad is it if the thermostat housing is having problems.
- How do I change the air filter in my car.
- Why does the check electrical system come on every time I turn on my car.
- Why does the check engine light come on for a couple of days then turns off.