We just had the cooling fan replaced (check engine code) to the tune of $1K. Lost some antifreeze brought it back and was told that there was a crack in the coolant reservoir. Replaced that (P&L) 240 and then they told me that the hydraulic pump to the cooling fan is misfiring. Dealer said that I need to replace this and that as long as I am not idiling in traffic for 25 to 30 min the car should be fine just to keep an eye on the temp gauge. Is the pump something that should have been looked at when the fan was replaced? and does it sound correct for the repair to be 600 (P&L).
Questions about hydralic cooling fan pump on 2000 Lincoln LS
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln LS Questions
- what does the etc engine overide light on means
- Tranny won't stay in gear,pump wines loudly, can move it when it's cool not warm
- When vehicle is parked on hill with front up the inside leaks when it rains, why
- my car will not go into any gear, but its not the linkage. where does fluid go.
- The fan won't speed up with the temp of the engine. Stays one speed slow.
2000 Lincoln LS Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($199 - 283) in Zeeland, MI
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($196 - 312) in DeQuincy, LA
- PCV Valve Replacement ($231 - 295) in Rollinsville, CO
- Brake Pad Replacement ($108 - 201) in Laurens, NY
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($1,072 - 2,031) in Merkel, TX
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Tonawanda, NY