» » »

Lexus Q&A

Ask Your Question

1990 Lexus ES250 Question: purchased this car & cannot get it smogged. am i eligible for these programs?



imdavis22, 2.5L V6, Potrero, CA, January 29, 2012, 13:36

it was tested & classed a gross polluter.

2 Answers
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    January 29, 2012, 14:11

    did you get a diag and a bid for repairs yet???


    Flag This
  • Answer #2

    sdcarguy (see my shops), February 10, 2012, 12:14

    Change of ownership vehicles are not eligible for CAP assistance. However, California law requires the SELLER to provide a smog certificate. There are no exceptions. You can sign a document that says you will smog it, but the law says otherwise. This fact alone gives you leverage in court, if you have to pay for the repairs and end up in court to recover your money from the previous owner.
    Pay for a diagnostic and go back to the previous owner to ask for help with his legal requirement to supply a passing smog check.

    Flag This
Answer Ranks