» »

Problems for specific Volvo S60 years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Volvo S60 problems

Reported by Jackie69 for the Volvo S60

Alarm siren module does not work and then the sun roof will not work.Need to replace the alarm module,in from of drivers side front wheel.

Reported by wedding for the Volvo S60

My 2007 S60 has had a few electrical problems that are quite costly. Last month the starter went out, before that it was the alternator. Today the key jammed and it will not turn all the way, car would not start.
Also, the seats are very uncomfortable during long trips and the turning radius on the car is very tight, parking and getting out of parking spaces is difficult. I love Volvos, this car will probably be my last one``
C

Verified for the Volvo S60

The MAF sensors are prone to failing and turning on the Check Engine Light.

14 Reports

Verified for the Volvo S60

One or both of the front wheel bearings may fail resulting in a rumbling noise from the front wheel area when driving over 25 mph.

16 Reports

Verified for the Volvo S60

Coolant leaking from the front of the vehicle is often due to a leaking radiator, which must be replaced.

15 Reports

Reported by msjean for the Volvo S60

Had a strong gasoline odor for about a week after last major service. Found out there was an extended warranty on the fuel pump and although my warranty had expired (soonest of 10 years or 150,000 miles) Volvo covered the replacement although it had to be done at dealer and not garage I normally use. Nearest dealership is 41 miles away from where I live. Dealer was very accomodating after checking with Volvo Customer Service but had to have c...

Reported by Kirbydanurse and 8 others for the Volvo S60

I have my 2006 Volvo s60 2.5t AWD serviced at the dealership per the recommended schedule in the Owner's Manual. Recently between the 37,500 and 45,000 mile service I noticed my "Coolant Level Low" light coming on about every 2 months but I park my car in a garage and have never seen any fluid leaking. I add the 50/50 coolant to the full level only to have to add it again in a few weeks. Today at my 45,000 service the Dealership tells me my ra...

9 Reports

Reported by Nord and 2 others for the Volvo S60

Front struts are a real issue with the S60. I have a 2002 with 125,000 and just had the OEM struts installed a year ago by the dealer and they are already failing. The top of the strut is actually separating at the top and is visisble if you look at the strut tower from under the hood. My local repair shop reports actually seeing one break through the top and come through the hood. Dealer is telling me because the struts were put in 13 months ...

3 Reports

Verified for the Volvo S60

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) warning light and/or other dash warning lights may illuminate due to a failed ABS Control Module. Replacement of the failed module is generally required to correct this concern.

29 Reports

9 Reports

Verified for the Volvo S60

The mass air flow (MAF) sensor may fail, resulting in drivability issues and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light.

6 Reports

Verified for the Volvo S60

The automatic transmission may develop shifting problems and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to internal component failure and/or software issues. It is always best to be sure the transmission control module has the latest software installed when any major transmission repair is performed.

121 Reports

Verified for the Volvo S60

The front control arm bushings wear out, resulting in alignment issues and squeaking and/or knocking noises from the front end. Worn bushings will require replacement.

21 Reports

Verified for the Volvo S60

Mass airflow sensor (MAF) failures have been reported, causing engine idle problems, as well as acceleration hesitations. The Check Engine Light will normally illuminate when the MAF starts to fail.

14 Reports