Volkswagen Problem Reports

Most Reported Volkswagen Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

Due to an ignition component and/or engine coolant temperature sensor failure, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Replacement of the failed component will be necessary to correct this concern.

Poor drivability symptoms—including hard starting—can be caused by coolant temperature sensor and oxygen sensor faults.

Check Engine Light illumination can be related to catalytic converter faults, which will require a re-flash of the ECM or replacement of the catalytic converter.

A dirty or failed throttle body can cause various drivability issues and illumination of the Check Engine Light.

Using the incorrect coolant may cause the engine coolant to become jelly like which can result in cooling system damage. Our technicians recommend using only the recommend G-12++ coolant.

If the incorrect viscosity engine oil is used an engine noise may develop, in most cases heard only when the engine is cold. Our technicians recommend using the correct oil viscosity engine oil as noted on the oil fill cap.

Condensation may develop in the heater case which can cause a musty odor from the heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) system.  Our technicians tell us a cleaner is available for the heater case. Also, the drain system should be checked for debris.

A brake pulsation may develop due to improper torque of the wheel lug nuts. Our technicians tell us the lug nuts should be hand torqued to the proper specification to help avoid this condition.

Water may be noted in the tail lights. The repair involves re-sealing the tail light housing mounts at the body.

Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on the 2004 model year only.

My head gasket went in my 2002 VW Passat. I am so mad because I just paid it off Oct. 2011, and last winter had the turbo, timing belt, serpetene belt, and water pump replaced. It only has 171,000 miles on it and my JETTA never had any of these issues. It is a piece of junk! I also need my top valve cover replaced as well. They should have a recall on this because I see many others have had the same issues. The car is just a money pit; I...

Thers a SEAL that seperate the differental from the transmissing clutches this is there cause unit uses to fluids DIFF side is GEAR OIL....TRANS side is DEXTRON. WHEN SEAL GOES BAD THE TWO FLUIDS MIX CAUSIENG A MAJOR problem cluthes stop gripping and car stops moving ...

Vehicles with 2.0L engines consume oil at an unusually high rate. VW specifies the oil consumption should not be a cause for concern unless it exceeds 1 quart per 1000 miles.

Two fuel injectors leaking and spraying fuel on engine replaced by VW $1300.