Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Volkswagen problems

Verified for the Volkswagen Passat TDI

Condensation may develop in the heater case which can cause a musty odor from the heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) system.  Our technicians tell us a cleaner is available for the heater case. Also, the drain system should be checked for debris.

Verified for the Volkswagen Eos

A brake pulsation may develop due to improper torque of the wheel lug nuts. Our technicians tell us the lug nuts should be hand torqued to the proper specification to help avoid this condition.

Verified for the Volkswagen GTI

Water may be noted in the tail lights. The repair involves re-sealing the tail light housing mounts at the body.

Reported by Giovanni Jules for the Volkswagen Cabrio

My car keeps dying. I changed fuel pump and airflow meter. I still have the problem. Looks like it have difficulies flowing fuel in the injectors. Duno exactly what the problem is. It has had overheating problems also

Verified for the Volkswagen Touareg TDI

Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on the 2004 model year only.

Reported by wcraft for the Volkswagen Jetta

The jetta 2.8L VR6 uses a metal timing chain, intended to last the life of the car. But the chain rides, and is tensioned by several plastic guide rails. It is common for the guide rails to fail before 100,000 miles. When they fail, the timing chain will at best make a lot of noise - like marbles in a can. But the risk of the chain skipping a tooth or more on the sprockets is high and will throw off the timing. This will cause the car to run r...

Reported by mustsellsoon for the Volkswagen Rabbit

driver side door switch began unlocking and locking by itself once the driver's door is open.
drivers door could not be reliable shut with the key in the car, as the door may or may not lock
itself. demontrond vw in houston texas denied complain and never addressed issue for the 3 year term
of the lease. avoid this dealership at all costs.

Reported by Erika.Gastonguay for the Volkswagen Passat

My head gasket went in my 2002 VW Passat. I am so mad because I just paid it off Oct. 2011, and last winter had the turbo, timing belt, serpetene belt, and water pump replaced. It only has 171,000 miles on it and my JETTA never had any of these issues. It is a piece of junk! I also need my top valve cover replaced as well. They should have a recall on this because I see many others have had the same issues. The car is just a money pit; I...

Reported by blankman for the Volkswagen Passat

Thers a SEAL that seperate the differental from the transmissing clutches this is there cause unit uses to fluids DIFF side is GEAR OIL....TRANS side is DEXTRON. WHEN SEAL GOES BAD THE TWO FLUIDS MIX CAUSIENG A MAJOR problem cluthes stop gripping and car stops moving ...

Reported by dx01 for the Volkswagen Jetta

Vehicles with 2.0L engines consume oil at an unusually high rate. VW specifies the oil consumption should not be a cause for concern unless it exceeds 1 quart per 1000 miles.

Reported by dx01 for the Volkswagen Jetta

An accumulation of dust inside the body of the turn signal switch can cause a partially closed circuit, which results in the turn signal relay intermittently clicking at a high rate. Spraying a small amount of residue-free electronic contact cleaner (such as Electrosolve) inside the turn signal switch can resolve this problem. The turn signal relay is not the root cause of this problem, but may be damaged by it.

Reported by Machinist43 for the Volkswagen Jetta TDI

Two fuel injectors leaking and spraying fuel on engine replaced by VW $1300.

Reported by Ricola for the Volkswagen CC

Have had several problems electrical. Interior light will go out after only 5 seconds of the door opening. Playing the radio while the engine is off radio will announce that it will be shutting down due to the fact that the battery is too low, I once started the car and the passenger window went all the way down, the instrument panel Speed for example will change to whatever it wants too, when starting the engine radio will occasionally be ver...