» »

Problems for specific Toyota Sienna years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Toyota Sienna problems

Reported by sienna owner and 6 others for the Toyota Sienna

I purchased this vehicle preowned with 65000 miles in April of 2011. Had all maintenance done by toyota dealer. After oil change at 90000 I noticed drops of pink liquid on the driveway. I thought it was cooling fluid since it is pink too. After 3-4 days didn't see drops anymore, I thought it was just overfill of coolant. However at next oil change at the dealership I asked them to see where leak could have come from. They showed me from undern...

7 Reports

Verified for the Toyota Sienna

The mass air flow sensor on higher mileage cars occasionally needs to be cleaned or replaced if sluggish acceleration is experienced or the Check Engine Light is illuminated with a mass air flow meter sensor fault code stored.

13 Reports

Verified for the Toyota Sienna

The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.

17 Reports

Verified for the Toyota Sienna

One or more oxygen sensors may fail resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light.

43 Reports

Verified for the Toyota Sienna

Multiple cracks may develop on the upper surface of the dashboard. At this time, the only suggested repair is to replace the dashboard.

108 Reports

Verified for the Toyota Sienna

Sludge can build up in the engine because Toyota did not recommend frequent enough oil changes. Lexus will sometimes offer a discount on cleaning the engine if necessary. Owners who changed their oil every 3,000 miles did not experience these problems. This sludge build up can lead to excessive oil consumption.

13 Reports

Reported by mwim and 1 other for the Toyota Sienna

ABS light on, Speedo doesn't work, trans has erratic shifts

2 Reports

Reported by mackieman1967 for the Toyota Sienna

THE REASON i WROTE the problem in large letters is my wifes car has this problem and I replaced serpentine belts and still had same problem!!! I cannot take credit for this solution as I found it on another fix it web site...but the solution is pure genious and rediculously easy!!
According to that person,,the steering for the siennas comes down at an ODD angle and is prone to rust and debris from salt and water etc from the road getting u...

1 Report

Verified for the Toyota Sienna

Models with electric sliding doors can develop problems with the door mechanism. The cable in the door becomes frayed, which will damage the electric motor.

127 Reports