Toyota Problem Reports

Newest Toyota Problem Reports

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) may function erratically or illuminate the warning light due a damaged wheel speed sensor. A wheel bearing and/or CV joint with excessive runout can cause the ABS trigger rings to rub against the ABS sensors and damage them.

At higher mileages, an anti-lock brake system wheel speed sensor may wear out and illuminate the ABS warning light. It is recommended to replace the sensor with a factory part and be sure to clean all rust and debris from the mounting area because the mounting distance is critical. Failure to do so may result in the new sensor setting false trouble codes. Be sure to check the condition and runout of the front wheel bearings on the 2WD and 4WD vehicles and the CV joints on the 4WD vehicles since worn wheel bearings and/or CV joints can cause the ABS trigger rings to rub against the ABS sensors and damage them.

well her we are 3 times the charm,. I OWN ONLY TOYOTAS AND THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE MONEY PIT 2007 AVALON. This all started in 2008, 1 year after its birth, a coil went bad,$400 repair. lets go and move to 2011 more coils fail and it also costs about $300,now we move to 3 years to the date and 5 of 6 cylinders need replacing at the tune of $800.Question why hasn't Toyota admitted to wrong doing and recalled these sh!t car...

I feel like my car is completely falling apart. I have had it in the shop 3 times in the last 2 months. Now they tell me one of the motor mounts is going out. This car only has 75k miles on it. Disappointed in Toyota.

The last 2 times it has rained my driver's side floor board has been full of water. Took it to the shop and determined the drain for the sun roof was clogged.

Noticed one morning when opening my door that the molding at the base of the driver's side window was cracked in half on the front and rear door, allowing rain to get inside the door. This is not covered by the extended warranty, and cost $150/window for the dealer to replace.

Started the car one morning and the transmission started shifting extremely hard between 1st and 2nd gear. Took it to the dealership and the entire transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness for my extended warranty. A $3700 repair cost me $50.

Around 72k miles, my engine started making a load noise. Took it to the dealership and the water pump literally fell apart in the technicians hands. I had the extended warranty so the replacement was covered minus $100 for a new belt that was not covered by the warranty.

The intake manifold makes rattling sounds when you depress the gas pedal.

There is a manufacturing defect in the baffle that is loose inside of the intake manifold.

The fix is to replace the intake manifold.

My Solara has cracks throughout the entire dashboard. Toyota has been useless on this issue, the only issue, my car has

The proper repair for a leaking Steering Rack & Pinion is replacement with a new unit.

Running lights crack but headlight housing does not allow replacement of just daylight running lens. The entire front headlight assembly has to be replaced. Approximately $900 OEM repair. After market lights range from $150/pair to $400/pair for top of the line HID lights. Toyota charging $350 - $400 per light assembly and this is a manufacturing issue.

The power inverter coolant pump may fail resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light associated with fault code P0A93 stored. Our technicians tell us the power inverter coolant pump should be replaced if this occurs. A revised pump is available for 2004-2006 models, Toyota service bulletin #EG001-07.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0770 and/or P0773 stored. This would indicate a fault with the 3-way lock-up solenoid which could be defective and may need replacement.

When changing the air filter, it is easy to knock off a hose on the air filter housing, which is part of the emission control system. If the vehicle is driven with this hose disconnected, the Check Engine Light will illuminate.