Toyota Corolla Problem Reports

Most Reported Toyota Corolla Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The ignition coil inside the distributor may fail. Our technicians tell us this may result in a hesitation on acceleration, especially when the vehicle is warming up on cold, rainy days. The pickup coils inside the distributor can also fail and cause a no-start condition. There have also been some failures of the radio noise suppressors inside the distributors, which can short out. Our technicians recommend replacing the whole distributor with a complete, genuine Toyota distributor if any of its components fail.

A transmission fault code of P0770 or P0773 may occur at higher mileages which indicates that the 3-way lock-up solenoid has failed and will need replacement.

The timing belt tensioner may make a rattling noise at a higher mileages. This is due to the adjustment being at its limit. Our technicians tell us the range of the adjuster may be lengthened by elongating the slot where the spring attaches by 2-3 mm to remedy this problem.

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) may function erratically or illuminate the warning light due a damaged wheel speed sensor. A wheel bearing and/or CV joint with excessive runout can cause the ABS trigger rings to rub against the ABS sensors and damage them.

Typically the AC compressor is worn out by about 150,000 miles in warm and/or humid climates. It is recommended to replace the complete compressor including a new clutch and rpm sensor, and to replace the receiver/dryer as well.

The AC Expansion Valve may develop a very slow leak or allow too much refrigerant flow which reduces cooling. Our technicians tell us that Toyota makes an updated expansion valve to resolve these problems if and when they occur.

Front brake rotors can wear causing a pulsation felt in the brake pedal. Our technicians remind us to to use only factory quality rotors when brake rotors are replaced.

The rear Oxygen sensors are a critical element in fuel control (unlike other vehicles) and can cause an emissions test failure for high CO and HCs. The sensing element cracks and and reports an erroneous steady state lean condition which confuses the engine computer.

The last 2 times it has rained my driver's side floor board has been full of water. Took it to the shop and determined the drain for the sun roof was clogged.

Occasionally, the timing chain and sprockets need replacement due to premature wear and problems with the variable valve timing system (VVTi).

It is important to regularly check the valve clearance as the exhaust valves may become too tight. This will lead to valve failures which are expensive to repair.

for about 1 week been putting in a qt per day of fluid my mechanic replaced sealbut still leaks a little especially when parked what 2 do

Started the car one morning and the transmission started shifting extremely hard between 1st and 2nd gear. Took it to the dealership and the entire transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness for my extended warranty. A $3700 repair cost me $50.

I wanted to share something I just found out this weekend when I took my 2009 Toyota Corolla in to the dealership. Problem was that I was hearing a loud humming sound in the cab. I could tell it was coming from the rear of the car. In addition, my airbag light went on. The problem was that my driver side rear axle bearing was out. Cost for the job, approx. $700. The continuously lit airbag light was fixed by installing a clock spring? C...