Toyota Camry Problem Reports

Most Reported Toyota Camry Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

If the car will not start, the most likely problem is worn or corroded solenoid contacts in the starter. Usually, these parts can be replaced without purchasing a new starter.

I'm on my 2nd set of tires which are now cupping & feathering on my 08 Camry. I purchased new tires at 17,600 because first set was cupping & feathering. At 17,600 I also purchased lifetime alignment and have kept the car tires rotated, balanced and aligned every 2-3 mos. Tires are now cupping and feathering AGAIN. Toyota checked struts and bearings and they are supposedly fine. All 4 tires wearing the same on inside.

The intake manifold makes rattling sounds when you depress the gas pedal.

There is a manufacturing defect in the baffle that is loose inside of the intake manifold.

The fix is to replace the intake manifold.

The idle air control motors tend to become carboned up at around 100,000 miles and will cause a start and stall and/or stalling at stop sign problems. Many times these valves can be cleaned, however, the sure bet is to replace the idle air control motor and clean the throttle body.

Sludge can build up in the engine because Toyota did not recommend frequent enough oil changes. Lexus will sometimes offer a discount on cleaning the engine if necessary. Owners who changed their oil every 3,000 miles did not experience these problems. This sludge build up can lead to excessive oil consumption.

At 125,000-150,000 miles, the Brake Master Cylinder may need replacing. When replacing the master cylinder, it is critical to adjust the brake pedal to master cylinder pushrod clearance or the brakes can drag and overheat.

The AC Expansion Valve may develop a very slow leak or allow too much refrigerant flow which reduces cooling. Our technicians tell us that Toyota makes an updated expansion valve to resolve these problems if and when they occur.

Toyota issued a recall on V6 models with cruise control due to defective throttle cables.

Usually by 150,000 miles the AC system will need some attention, especially in climates where it is used often. Our technicians tell us that it is best to service the AC system every 2-3 years. This keeps the moisture in the system at a minimum which extends the life of the components.

A loss of power on the freeway may due to an internally leaking fuel pulsation dampener. This commonly occurs on higher mileage vehicles.

I have read that others have had this same problem, what I have read about was the fix. This cable has about 4 wires in it and it comes down from the trunk lid attached to the hinge on the drivers side of the car. I can't tell what it was cut from. It looks like it wass sheared off but I can't find the other end. There is a possibility that it got pulled from a connecter near by but I don't know what wires or what side to re-attach it to. What...

Typically the AC compressor is worn out by about 150,000 miles in warm and/or humid climates. It is recommended to replace the complete compressor including a new clutch and rpm sensor, and to replace the receiver/dryer as well.

I thought my car needed an alignment but after I the alignment the problem got worse now when i hit a bump it pulls to the right and this was the first time i drove it in the snow and it's horrible feels like i'm iceskating and it just keeps fishtailing it used to drive great in the snow befor the alignment. what can it be?

The head gaskets are prone to leaks in as little as 60,000 miles. When the head gasket is replaced, the knock sensor harness should be replaced as well, as it can be damaged by leaky head gaskets, resulting in a serious decrease in fuel efficiency or in long term engine damage.

The rear Oxygen sensors are a critical element in fuel control (unlike other vehicles) and can cause an emissions test failure for high CO and HCs. The sensing element cracks and and reports an erroneous steady state lean condition which confuses the computer, which in turn makes the fuel mixture overly rich.