Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Toyota problems

Reported by Jen D. for the Toyota Corolla

Started the car one morning and the transmission started shifting extremely hard between 1st and 2nd gear. Took it to the dealership and the entire transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness for my extended warranty. A $3700 repair cost me $50.

Reported by Jen D. for the Toyota Corolla

I feel like my car is completely falling apart. I have had it in the shop 3 times in the last 2 months. Now they tell me one of the motor mounts is going out. This car only has 75k miles on it. Disappointed in Toyota.

Reported by allenw for the Toyota Tundra

The AIR Pump (or otherwise know as the smog pump in the old days) that preheats the cadilidic converters by running for 1 minute after engine start will fail. It produces a P1445 or P14442 error. I have two of these vehicles and both have failed at around 100K miles. The cause is the foam inside the pump deteriorates and gets in the hi speed fan. That burns out the DC motor that runs it. The cost of this pump is $1200 plus $800 labor because i...

Reported by gentleman1234 for the Toyota Avalon

valley cover on intake and pcv valve failure lead to oil in my intake. Replacing both seemed to cure them problem not sure yet.

Reported by charry24 for the Toyota Avalon

When I put my avalon in reverse, there was a loud grinding noise in rear of car.

Reported by starangel904 for the Toyota Tacoma

iam stuck in 4wd low and it is locked and will not come out how do i fix it i can not drive but 15mph please help

Reported by Jlehew for the Toyota Camry

Engine will not idle after a battery change especially when air conditioner is on. Read this is common problem. The computer that controls the engine idle loses it's memory and no longer remembers how to idle. Fix by driving the car between 5 and 10 miles. This puts the lost data back into the computer ECU and now it idles just like it did prior to the battery problem.

Reported by BarbiK for the Toyota Prius

Noticed low noise in front of vehicle. Had it looked at by a mechanic, as I was out of town, who said the tie rods needed to be replaced. Took it to Toyota for inspection when I got home. Turned out to be a bad drivers side front wheel bearing. Bearing was R&R'd and car is fine now. Cost was $500.00

Reported by angelee for the Toyota Sienna

The Compressor was 2,400 to repair. You can't purchase the compressor and dryer separate. It is all one until and very expensive to replace.