Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Toyota problems

Reported by mackieman1967 for the Toyota Sienna

THE REASON i WROTE the problem in large letters is my wifes car has this problem and I replaced serpentine belts and still had same problem!!! I cannot take credit for this solution as I found it on another fix it web site...but the solution is pure genious and rediculously easy!!
According to that person,,the steering for the siennas comes down at an ODD angle and is prone to rust and debris from salt and water etc from the road getting u...

Verified for the Toyota RAV4

The protective coating on the fuel tank may not have been properly applied during the manufacture process, resulting in a peeling condition. Toyota will inspect the fuel tank on affected vehicles and replace it as necessary. This limited service campaign expires on April 30, 2014.

Reported by Ped87 for the Toyota Highlander

I recently got my tires rotated at Costco and after driving about 5 miles the tire inflation light came on. After a several day saga and many trips to Costco I was informed by Toyota that this is a "known issue". The fix is relatively easy to do yourself. You have to hold the reset button under the steering wheel while driving straight forward (in a parking lot or safe location with no traffic) for approximately 30 seconds. If you call Toy...

Reported by lecaya_py for the Toyota Matrix

the light sensor the back door fails and I do not know where this sensor is to change. i write you from AsunciĆ³n - Paraguay. i hope can you help me with trouble.

Reported by Jen D. for the Toyota Corolla

Started the car one morning and the transmission started shifting extremely hard between 1st and 2nd gear. Took it to the dealership and the entire transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness for my extended warranty. A $3700 repair cost me $50.

Reported by Jen D. for the Toyota Corolla

I feel like my car is completely falling apart. I have had it in the shop 3 times in the last 2 months. Now they tell me one of the motor mounts is going out. This car only has 75k miles on it. Disappointed in Toyota.

Reported by gentleman1234 for the Toyota Avalon

valley cover on intake and pcv valve failure lead to oil in my intake. Replacing both seemed to cure them problem not sure yet.

Reported by starangel904 for the Toyota Tacoma

iam stuck in 4wd low and it is locked and will not come out how do i fix it i can not drive but 15mph please help

Reported by Jlehew for the Toyota Camry

Engine will not idle after a battery change especially when air conditioner is on. Read this is common problem. The computer that controls the engine idle loses it's memory and no longer remembers how to idle. Fix by driving the car between 5 and 10 miles. This puts the lost data back into the computer ECU and now it idles just like it did prior to the battery problem.

Reported by angelee for the Toyota Sienna

The Compressor was 2,400 to repair. You can't purchase the compressor and dryer separate. It is all one until and very expensive to replace.

Reported by Ben Zone for the Toyota Avalon

I happen to drive through a flooded street, spent around 2 hours in a traffic jam, then the car started displaying battery check signs on the screen. 22minutes later, the lamps went off, radio etc. when i managed to park, i let the engine cool then i restarted it and remove the positive battery terminal, the engine stopped!

Reported by robbratton for the Toyota Camry

The car seems to go out of alignment on all four wheels frequently. I've purchased an unlimited alignment plan from a local auto service provider and I get it done every month or so. It's always out, sometimes significantly.

I had the rear adjusters replaced since they had rusted to the point that they couldn't be turned anymore.

Reported by longka for the Toyota Celica

I can't take off my rear brake drum off from my 2002 Toyota celica gt

Reported by GeoffW1 for the Toyota Camry

After much investigation of temp sender, fuel injectors, and ignition parts, the problem was traced to the ECU. On replacement, the problem was fixed.

Reported by joecable for the Toyota Corolla

water pump bearings were going was replace today under warranty ...scary that a new car had a problem so soon first time ever for me with a new car.