Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Toyota problems

Verified for the Toyota T100

The head gaskets are prone to leaks in as little as 60,000 miles. When the head gasket is replaced, the knock sensor harness should be replaced as well, as it can be damaged by leaky head gaskets, resulting in a serious decrease in fuel efficiency or in long term engine damage.

Verified for the Toyota MR2
The idle air control motors tend to become carboned up at around 100,000 miles and can cause a start and stall and/or stalling at stop sign problems. Our technicians tell us that many times these motors can be cleaned, however, the sure bet is to replace the idle air control motor and clean the throttle body.

Verified for the Toyota 4Runner

At 125,000-150,000 miles, the Master Cylinder may need replacing. It is critical to adjust the brake pedal to Master Cylinder pushrod clearance or the brakes will drag and over heat.

Verified for the Toyota Pickup
The idle air control motors tend to become carboned up at around 100,000 miles and will cause a start and stall and/or stalling at stop sign problems. Many times these valves can be cleaned, however, the sure bet is to replace the idle air control motor and clean the throttle body.

Reported by oskerwize for the Toyota Tacoma

I believe I had this problem reoccurring for the longest time. I had o2 sensors and catalytic converters change but this problem is reoccurring all the time. I had an MAF go bad and had it replaced and this will pop out again. Can someone help me?

Reported by TinaV47 for the Toyota Corolla

for about 1 week been putting in a qt per day of fluid my mechanic replaced sealbut still leaks a little especially when parked what 2 do

Verified for the Toyota Yaris

The Check Engine Light may illuminate on vehicles with an automatic transmission, with code P0713 stored. This fault code is related to the transaxle fluid temperature sensor. Our technicians tell us a revised transaxle wire harness is available which should correct this concern.

Reported by MMolly for the Toyota Prius

I stopped in my driveway and shifted to reverse to park car but it barely moved and there was a loud grinding sound. Then the car would not move forward or in reverse. Small pieces of rusty steel were found in the path the left front wheel had followed and it was immobile. Dealer said no brake pad was present, after it was towed there, and also said that rotor would need to be replaced due to pitted surface. There were never any warning li...

Reported by bowler75 for the Toyota Tacoma

check engine light came on. had the fault code P0170 fuel trim malfunction cylinder bank #1

Reported by Liz M.A. for the Toyota Corolla

I wanted to share something I just found out this weekend when I took my 2009 Toyota Corolla in to the dealership. Problem was that I was hearing a loud humming sound in the cab. I could tell it was coming from the rear of the car. In addition, my airbag light went on. The problem was that my driver side rear axle bearing was out. Cost for the job, approx. $700. The continuously lit airbag light was fixed by installing a clock spring? C...

Reported by mackieman1967 for the Toyota Sienna

THE REASON i WROTE the problem in large letters is my wifes car has this problem and I replaced serpentine belts and still had same problem!!! I cannot take credit for this solution as I found it on another fix it web site...but the solution is pure genious and rediculously easy!!
According to that person,,the steering for the siennas comes down at an ODD angle and is prone to rust and debris from salt and water etc from the road getting u...

Verified for the Toyota RAV4

The protective coating on the fuel tank may not have been properly applied during the manufacture process, resulting in a peeling condition. Toyota will inspect the fuel tank on affected vehicles and replace it as necessary. This limited service campaign expires on April 30, 2014.

Reported by Ped87 for the Toyota Highlander

I recently got my tires rotated at Costco and after driving about 5 miles the tire inflation light came on. After a several day saga and many trips to Costco I was informed by Toyota that this is a "known issue". The fix is relatively easy to do yourself. You have to hold the reset button under the steering wheel while driving straight forward (in a parking lot or safe location with no traffic) for approximately 30 seconds. If you call Toy...

Reported by lecaya_py for the Toyota Matrix

the light sensor the back door fails and I do not know where this sensor is to change. i write you from AsunciĆ³n - Paraguay. i hope can you help me with trouble.

Reported by Jen D. for the Toyota Corolla

Started the car one morning and the transmission started shifting extremely hard between 1st and 2nd gear. Took it to the dealership and the entire transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness for my extended warranty. A $3700 repair cost me $50.