Subaru Outback Problem Reports

Most Reported Subaru Outback Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The head gasket has a high failure rate due to cooling system problems. Subaru is aware of the problem and has extended the warranty to 8 years/100k miles on many vehicles.

A vibration or shutter may be noted on acceleration. If the transmission torque converter is suspected a revised part is available to correct this concern.

Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.

The front oxygen (air fuel ratio) sensor element may develop a crack, causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Subaru has recalled certain models to replace sensors that may fail. The Subaru service program number is WXW-80, this is not a government mandated recall.

The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.

Hi, I'm seeing abs, traction control, parking brake lights with ER 55 above the mileage shown on my dashboard. I would like to know what the issue is and how to fix it. Is it common issue on the Subaru? I've diagnosed in the agent they told me it's the abs motor but they don't the part. Where can I buy this part? Appreciate your help and feedback.