» »

Problems for specific Saturn Vue years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Saturn Vue problems

Verified for the Saturn Vue

A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate. At this time, RepairPal cannot confirm a recall for this gas cap issue.

51 Reports

Verified for the Saturn Vue

The day time running lights (DRL) resistor may fail causing the daytime running lights to stop working. Our technicians tell us a failed resistor will require replacement.

24 Reports

Verified for the Saturn Vue

Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.

19 Reports

Verified for the Saturn Vue

The engine valve cover gaskets may develop and engine oil leak. A burning smell may be noted from the engine area if the type of leak were to occur.

18 Reports

Verified for the Saturn Vue

A burning smell may develop due to an oil leak form one or both valve cover gaskets. Resealing the valve cover will generally correct this concern. However, the valve covers should be inspected and replaced if damaged.

5 Reports

Reported by icemaniac and 4 others for the Saturn Vue

These are real cheap and shame on them for even thinking saving a few pennys was worth the hassle. Cheap nozzles made of nylon are pressed in and cause bad spray or come out completely. GET REPLACED IF UNDER WARRENTY!! I have 3 times and need to again. This will be an ongoing problem.

5 Reports

Reported by lilyfern and 2 others for the Saturn Vue

check engine light was coming on and it was the gas cap that neede replacing. Ignition was locked and would'nt turn so it had to be replaced. The car stalled on me in the middle of driving so the perge cylonoid had to be replaced. The front end of the car was shaking and vibrating when I slowed down so the rotors had to be turned and all tires replaced. Now my car is making a humming noise when the car is in drive and accelerated. I'm going to...

3 Reports

Reported by janeh and 1 other for the Saturn Vue

I just had my second hybrid battery replaced - my drivers side heated seat stopped working last year and now the passenger side stopped working along with the airbag. I spoke with a women in parking lot with a n 07 Hybrid - she is on her third battery - every 30K - and her passenger seat module was just repaired as well. Oh - and the AC compressor went last year. I think they have a problem

Verified for the Saturn Vue

Vehicles with certain V6 engines may illuminate the Check Engine Light one or more of the following codes: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, or P0391. Our technicians tell us that some vehicles may require a powertrain control module (PCM) software update to correct this issue. Other vehicles may have excess camshaft end play on one or both cylinder heads which will need to be corrected using special procedures outlined by GM.

Reported by Dinamite and 1 other for the Saturn Vue

My torque converter on the transmission was replaced by GM. If you're having this problem, get it to a dealer for repair! I spent months with independent repair shops trying to figure out the problem when all along GM was aware of the problem and just not announcing it. I finally got a card in the mail from GM stating they would take care of the problem.
Once the converter was replaced, I had no more problems. Now have over 90,000 miles.