Saturn Problem Reports

Newest Saturn Problem Reports

not fixed, just wondering if changing the catalytic converter will fix the problem of decreased power upon acceleration

ck engine light on. I changed spark plugs and now the engine has a miss along with the smell of gas..

My starter has went about the 3 times in the past year i replace it and it does ok for a couple months then goes back to the spurting a few times before starting and it's happening agian...is there something else causing this? I've got a new battery and alternator had been teSted and is fine.

My key is worn a little and had been working until today. Now without warning I can't turn my key in the ignition-not to 'on' or not even to 'accessory'. This happened the first time a year ago and I rectified the situation by getting a new key made. But now, again, my new key is so worn that I am being told a copy cannot be made from this worn out key. I will probably have to have a new ignition installed. : (
It makes me wonder wh...

The ignition module or an ignition coil may fail causing the engine to misfire which can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate or begin flashing.

The ignition module or an ignition coil may fail causing an engine misfire and the check engine (SES) light to illuminate.

I would like to see if anyone else has had to have their transmission replaced. My Saturn has 47K miles, I have never towed anything and I went to put it into reverse and it wouldn't go into gear. After having it towed to mechanic, I was told the transmission needed to be replaced (besides reverse, 4th and 5th gear were also gone). I have never had a transmission go out...and I do all of the maintenance required.

chatter & lugging in low gears.Runs okay when in 5th on highway.

My torque converter on the transmission was replaced by GM. If you're having this problem, get it to a dealer for repair! I spent months with independent repair shops trying to figure out the problem when all along GM was aware of the problem and just not announcing it. I finally got a card in the mail from GM stating they would take care of the problem.
    Once the converter was replaced, I had no more problems. Now have over 90,000 miles.

The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.