Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Saturn problems

Reported by lyndadixon75 for the Saturn SL2

My key is worn a little and had been working until today. Now without warning I can't turn my key in the ignition-not to 'on' or not even to 'accessory'. This happened the first time a year ago and I rectified the situation by getting a new key made. But now, again, my new key is so worn that I am being told a copy cannot be made from this worn out key. I will probably have to have a new ignition installed. : (
It makes me wonder wh...

Verified for the Saturn LW300

The ignition module or an ignition coil may fail causing the engine to misfire which can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate or begin flashing.

3 Reports

Verified for the Saturn LS

The ignition module or an ignition coil may fail causing an engine misfire and the check engine (SES) light to illuminate.

Verified for the Saturn L300

12 Reports

Reported by taximom19 and 1 other for the Saturn Outlook

I would like to see if anyone else has had to have their transmission replaced. My Saturn has 47K miles, I have never towed anything and I went to put it into reverse and it wouldn't go into gear. After having it towed to mechanic, I was told the transmission needed to be replaced (besides reverse, 4th and 5th gear were also gone). I have never had a transmission go out...and I do all of the maintenance required.

2 Reports

Reported by eyerishiam for the Saturn L100

chatter & lugging in low gears.Runs okay when in 5th on highway.

Reported by Dinamite and 3 others for the Saturn Vue

My torque converter on the transmission was replaced by GM. If you're having this problem, get it to a dealer for repair! I spent months with independent repair shops trying to figure out the problem when all along GM was aware of the problem and just not announcing it. I finally got a card in the mail from GM stating they would take care of the problem.
    Once the converter was replaced, I had no more problems. Now have over 90,000 miles.

4 Reports

Verified for the Saturn SL

The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.

15 Reports