Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Nissan problems

Reported by hrdbdy92 for the Nissan Pickup (D21)

I purchased my 1992 Nissan D21 truck in 1999 at 32,000 miles from the original owner. At that time the gas gauge was wandering. Also the anti-lock brake light was on. A few months later the gas gauge stopped working, but the low gas warning light still worked when gas got low in the tank. Then the temperature gauge stopped working. I took this car to several Nissan dealerships and they all said to replace the gas tank sending unit, which I tho...

Reported by PISCIAPH and 1 other for the Nissan Frontier

Truck was in for routine service and service told me I had coolant leaking into transmission. Over $1.000 to repair!

2 Reports

Reported by PISCIAPH for the Nissan Frontier

The rear universal joint failed when I was driving.

Reported by Bweznen for the Nissan Pathfinder

Car would stall at a stop light or while driving. No engine lights/codes. Originally I took advice from a mechanic and replaced the distributor. This did not fix the problem. Problem got a little worse and eventually I got a MAF code. I wiggled the connector to the MAF sensor while the car was idling and I was able to get the engine to shut off, without engine light/codes. I replaced the MAF sensor and have not had a problem since.
Jim

Reported by cosmoncomet and 2 others for the Nissan Versa

A/C condenser located at the BOTTOM of radiator 2 feet off the ground. Gee, wonder why it picked up a road stone and went thru condenser? Now my 11 month old Versa has to have $1000.00 of repair to fix an obvious manufacturers design flaw. Not happy.

Reported by FRANCISSACKEY and 3 others for the Nissan Maxima

MY TRANSMISSION BEEN SLIPPING OFF LATELY AND I NEED ASNWERS WHATS THE BEST STEP TO TAKE.

4 Reports

Reported by mellen333 for the Nissan Rogue

According to the service station, my oil cooler is cracked. I have read that there is a problem with the Altima Oil Cooler but not sure if the part is the same for the Rogue or if it's even the same issue. The mechanic said he can get the part and replace it thankfully, before it could damage my transmission.

Reported by electrical for the Nissan Frontier

The Sunroof would not properly close and open. After the second try it would just open in vent position and would not close.
Solution
Depress the close button until slowly the sunroof closes and then it is a trip to the dealership to get it repaired. Beware that this problem took Nissan 2 months to repair and you are without a truck. The solution was a whole new liner from Japan to fix the issue. The fix does not repair it 100% as Nissan...

Verified for the Nissan Altima

The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.

248 Reports

Reported by Azeraleo for the Nissan Xterra

My 2006 had had one problem after another , in one year I have spent over 2k in repairs and they said I will soon have to pay another 1700 to fix the quite high pitch noise I here that will soon get louder , and now my truck needs a new transmission , I am giving this car away hate it nothing but problems , and more to come . My truck started shaking bad after 60 mph and fixed it once 600$ then it happens again on other side , check engin ligh...

Reported by blackblack26 and 2 others for the Nissan Altima

i have a 2006 nissan altima i can drive my car for a couple of hours and stop and go inside a store and come back and try to crank it start i have sit there for 25 to 30 mins intill it start when was the problem come aand go new it summer it do it everyday

Verified for the Nissan Xterra

The EGR valve can become clogged with carbon, which causes the Check Engine Light to illuminate. This can result in moderate to severe misfires on acceleration and the EGR valve and passages will need to be cleaned.

Verified for the Nissan Maxima

The EGR valve can become clogged with carbon, which causes the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The valve needs to be removed and the system cleaned.

8 Reports

Verified for the Nissan Maxima

The crankshaft angle sensor may stop functioning. Failure of the sensor may cause an inability to regulate the engine's timing, causing the car to drive poorly or fail to start.

4 Reports

Verified for the Nissan Pathfinder

Problems with the ignition coil can cause poor engine performance due to misfires. This may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Nissan offers an upgraded ignition coil.

5 Reports