Nissan Maxima Problem Reports

Most Reported Nissan Maxima Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

Service Engine light came on. Took it to Auto-Zone initially. The diagnostic tool pointed to the EGR valve. I then took the car to a Nissan dealership who advised me it was indeed the EGR valve "stuck in the open position" along with a bad bank 1 convertor. Now, according to the dealership the engine is burning oil. Time for a second opinion.

If You experience a check engine light with Misfire codes, and possibly Catalyst efficiency below threshold and most of all Cam position sensor code on bank 1 or 2 .... Your engine has jumped a tooth on the timing chain more than likely on the crankshaft chain P.S. there is 3 chains in total. Dont chase the codes and spend the money to have it inspected for these codes. Very weird symptoms as far as going into Limp home Mode as well where it s...

My car makes a noise when I press on the gas to accelerate. I wanna say the best way to discribe this noise is a whining noise. It gets louder as I press on the gas more and does it both why driving and when the car is in park.