Nissan Altima Problem Reports

Newest Nissan Altima Problem Reports

I have had this throttle position fixed 3 or 4 times, those times I had warranty. Now same thing with a price this time of 2800 dollars. This has been very danderous. Last week I almost got killed. My car idled down to 3 mph, cars were coming and a bus nearly slammed into me. I screamed, it just missed me. I have complained to Nissan,but it was just, I am sorry. This is not the first time, this has happened to me. I can't afford a new car...

i had to replace engine w/a rebuilt one and a starter last may. Now less than a month a ago car would not start again, so the mechanic told me i needed another starter. Now the car will not start once again. I also just changed the battery, radiator and belt.

The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.

i have a 2006 nissan altima i can drive my car for a couple of hours and stop and go inside a store and come back and try to crank it start i have sit there for 25 to 30 mins intill it start when was the problem come aand go new it summer it do it everyday

An engine vacuum leak from the  intake manifold gasket may cause the engine to misfire or have a rough idle which may also illuminating the Check Engine Light.

Welds on the catalytic converter heat shield can corrode causing a rattle during acceleration and possibly causing Check Engine Light illumination. The common repair for this issue is replacement of the damaged catalytic converter.

I bought car used 6 weeks ago. After heavy rains I came out and found standing water on the drivers floor mat( I have the hard duratech mats) Water was dripping from the dash and A pillar. The headliner was soaked at the top of the A pillar. I recognized it as a sunroof leak. I researched online and found numerous complaints with dealer denials of an issue. I also found the following helpful advice.
The sunroof drain is a clear plast...

Crankshaft and camshaft position sensors can leak oil into the connector causing Check Engine Light illumination. The engine may also stall as a result. Leaking sensors should be replaced. Certain 2002 models were recalled for a separate camshaft and crankshaft sensor issue. For more information on the recall please click here»

small leaking of transmission fluid at case seal

The Camshaft position sensor can leak oil into its electrical connector causing the Check Engine light to illuminate. The engine may also stall intermittently as a result.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a defective canister vent control valve in the emissions control system.

The camshaft driven distributor can leak oil and cause a malfunction of the crankshaft position sensor. The engine may crank but not start or run very poorly.

Crankshaft and camshaft position sensors can leak oil into the connector causing Check Engine Light illumination. The engine may also stall as a result. Leaking sensors should be replaced. Certain 2002 models were recalled for a separate camshaft and crankshaft sensor issue. For more information on the recall please click here»

Gas cap waring light comes on abot 100 miles after putting gas in the car. This then turns on the check engine light. Been to the dealer each time, one answer the gas cap was loose and it will reset in about a week, the second time the cap has to be put in an exact way to prevent the problem. I do know how to put a gas cap on and feel there may more to this problem.

The thermostat may become stuck closed, causing an overheating condition. Replacement of the thermostat will be required to correct this concern.