Nissan Altima Problem Reports

Most Reported Nissan Altima Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

Screws inside the intake manifold can become loose causing internal engine damage if they fall out completely. Our technicians report that using a strong thread locker on the power valve butterfly screws can help prevent them from becoming loose.

I bought car used 6 weeks ago. After heavy rains I came out and found standing water on the drivers floor mat( I have the hard duratech mats) Water was dripping from the dash and A pillar. The headliner was soaked at the top of the A pillar. I recognized it as a sunroof leak. I researched online and found numerous complaints with dealer denials of an issue. I also found the following helpful advice.
The sunroof drain is a clear plast...

A problem in the vehicle speed sensor circuit may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a defective canister vent control valve in the emissions control system.

Gas cap waring light comes on abot 100 miles after putting gas in the car. This then turns on the check engine light. Been to the dealer each time, one answer the gas cap was loose and it will reset in about a week, the second time the cap has to be put in an exact way to prevent the problem. I do know how to put a gas cap on and feel there may more to this problem.

Regular maintenance is recommended to avoid timing chain failure. Rattles may develop in higher mileage vehicles. Regular oil changes will help reduce the incidence of this problem.

from a cold start air conditioning works fine and will continue to work fine as long as engine is running and air conditioning stays on, drove 200 miles and air blew cold entire time. Stopped to get a drink turning off car. Engine restarted but Air conditioning compressor would not come back on. When engine completely cooled and air system stabilized air compressor came back on and air was cold again. This situation was repeated dozens of ti...

Nissan issued a recall on the fuel pump for premature failure. There was an owner notification program and labels were placed on the fuel pump access panel and next to the AC charge label in the engine compartment.

The ground inside mass air flow (MAF) sensor can corrode and possibly cause drivability problems. The corrosion is enough to affect the sensor data but not enough to create a trouble code. Diagnosing this can be difficult because it won't always illuminate the Check Engine light.

small leaking of transmission fluid at case seal

i have a 2006 nissan altima i can drive my car for a couple of hours and stop and go inside a store and come back and try to crank it start i have sit there for 25 to 30 mins intill it start when was the problem come aand go new it summer it do it everyday

A navigation unit that is failing can intermittently display a disc error on the screen.

i had to replace engine w/a rebuilt one and a starter last may. Now less than a month a ago car would not start again, so the mechanic told me i needed another starter. Now the car will not start once again. I also just changed the battery, radiator and belt.

I have had this throttle position fixed 3 or 4 times, those times I had warranty. Now same thing with a price this time of 2800 dollars. This has been very danderous. Last week I almost got killed. My car idled down to 3 mph, cars were coming and a bus nearly slammed into me. I screamed, it just missed me. I have complained to Nissan,but it was just, I am sorry. This is not the first time, this has happened to me. I can't afford a new car...