Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Nissan problems

Verified for the Nissan 370Z

Various navigation system faults may be corrected by updating the navigation software. Proper diagnoses of the navigation system should be performed before the software upgrade is performed.

Reported by supercool for the Nissan 240SX

Air bag light is flashing on and off constantly.

Reported by it_wasnt_me for the Nissan Maxima

Service Engine light came on. Took it to Auto-Zone initially. The diagnostic tool pointed to the EGR valve. I then took the car to a Nissan dealership who advised me it was indeed the EGR valve "stuck in the open position" along with a bad bank 1 convertor. Now, according to the dealership the engine is burning oil. Time for a second opinion.

Reported by mastertech6371 for the Nissan Sentra

Some Nissans with the 2.5 have multiple ignition coil failures.
The reason is the negative battery cable is corroded at the mounting at the bell housing on the transmission.
the solution is to replace the entire negative cable with a factory upgraded cable and replace the coils as well.

Reported by master tech bryt for the Nissan Quest

Our repair shop has recently had issue with 04 quest burning out ign coils after 2 days of driving with replacement of all 6 coils. Thought we had defective coils so we replaced again, 2 days later same problem. Found ground cable from battery was completely broken off where it mounts to the transmission under the battery tray, resulting the eng to ground through the coil grounds burning them out. Replacing rear three coils 3 times was a treme...

Reported by blackblack26 for the Nissan Altima

i have a 2006 nissan altima i can drive my car for a couple of hours and stop and go inside a store and come back and try to crank it start i have sit there for 25 to 30 mins intill it start when was the problem come aand go new it summer it do it everyday

Reported by Azeraleo for the Nissan Xterra

My 2006 had had one problem after another , in one year I have spent over 2k in repairs and they said I will soon have to pay another 1700 to fix the quite high pitch noise I here that will soon get louder , and now my truck needs a new transmission , I am giving this car away hate it nothing but problems , and more to come . My truck started shaking bad after 60 mph and fixed it once 600$ then it happens again on other side , check engin ligh...

Reported by electrical for the Nissan Frontier

The Sunroof would not properly close and open. After the second try it would just open in vent position and would not close.
Solution
Depress the close button until slowly the sunroof closes and then it is a trip to the dealership to get it repaired. Beware that this problem took Nissan 2 months to repair and you are without a truck. The solution was a whole new liner from Japan to fix the issue. The fix does not repair it 100% as Nissan...

Reported by mellen333 for the Nissan Rogue

According to the service station, my oil cooler is cracked. I have read that there is a problem with the Altima Oil Cooler but not sure if the part is the same for the Rogue or if it's even the same issue. The mechanic said he can get the part and replace it thankfully, before it could damage my transmission.