Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Nissan problems

Verified for the Nissan Maxima
A navigation unit that is failing can intermittently display a disc error on the screen.

Verified for the Nissan Titan
The brakes may develop a pulsation or judder felt during light and moderate braking. This may be felt as a pedal pulsation, steering wheel shake, and/or a body vibration. The repair involves resurfacing all four brake rotors using an "On-car" brake lathe (replacing if necessary) and using updated brake pads and components.

Reported by Bret Bodas and 1 other for the Nissan Pathfinder

The headlight switch needed replacement. Replaced and high beams work normally now.

Reported by AndreaP and 1 other for the Nissan Frontier

About 3 months ago the right front control arm broke while I was pulling out of a parking lot and the right front wheel buckled under the truck. Yesterday the left front control arm broke while I was going at 45 mph. The left wheel blew out and the whole left front of the truck buckled. This truck has never carried heavy loads or been off road.

Verified for the Nissan 370Z

The rear hatch may not open completely or stay in the open position. Our technicians tell us that revised rear hatch lift springs are available to correct this concern.

Reported by supercool and 1 other for the Nissan 240SX

Air bag light is flashing on and off constantly.

Reported by mastertech6371 and 1 other for the Nissan Maxima

code 325 piggy backs just about any other code when a failure occurs.
Nissan calls this a ghost code. It is a software glitch that has never been solved. In most cases, repair the primary code and the 325 does not return.
the only way this code is valid is if it is a stand alone code with no other issues.

Roy

Reported by frankj12 and 1 other for the Nissan Versa

I own a Nissan Versa 2008 hatchback. After I pull away from the gas pump, the car was losing its acceleration and stall. I was trying to start again but it wouldn't turn over. The car was towed.

I was told that the fuel pump went bad. My basic warranty expired two months ago (December 5, 2010). The fuel pump was recplaced at my expense.

Reported by derrick611 and 1 other for the Nissan Maxima

My 2011 Nissan Mixama is making a knocking noise while idling. I have taken it to 2 different dealer and they say it is normal. My wife has a 2011 Maxima and it dosen't make the noise hers have close to 6000 miles on it

Reported by TransTechNC and 1 other for the Nissan Pathfinder

The Owners Manual for the 4x4 Model Nissan Pathfinders eludes to the likeliness that the transmission will fail when using mismatched/mixed tire types, brands or sizes..... This is due to the type of hubs used for this vehicles "on the fly 4x4" option.... which keeps the hubs engaged, but not full-lock position, even when not in 4x4 mode!
Just had a 95 Pathfinder SE 4x4 with 102,967 miles and a freshly busted up planetary gear due to the pre...

Reported by IFBS and 1 other for the Nissan Frontier

The vehicle accelerates real slow and has vibration in the engine. Ran a OBD2 scanner and got the scan trouble codes. There were two codes detected, a P0300 and a P0328. The P0300 was a multiple misfire problem and the other was the knock sensor code. These parts are both killers on a person's wallet. Now I see why the dealer repairs are so expensive. To replace the knock sensor on a V6 VG33 engine you gotta move the whole intake to include th...

Reported by TristanReal and 1 other for the Nissan Pathfinder

Customer came in with an issue of stalling after 15 minutes of driving. Customer brought car into shop. We hooked up a 4 channel scope measuring signal for crankshaft and camshaft sensor. after 15 minutes of idling crankshaft lost signal but cam sensor still has signal. Stalled shortly after. We checked wiring from Crankshaft sensor to computer and found it to be okay. Replaced Crank sensor and problem is fixed. We recommend replacing camshaft...

Reported by master tech bryt and 1 other for the Nissan Quest

Our repair shop has recently had issue with 04 quest burning out ign coils after 2 days of driving with replacement of all 6 coils. Thought we had defective coils so we replaced again, 2 days later same problem. Found ground cable from battery was completely broken off where it mounts to the transmission under the battery tray, resulting the eng to ground through the coil grounds burning them out. Replacing rear three coils 3 times was a treme...

Reported by PISCIAPH and 1 other for the Nissan Frontier

Truck was in for routine service and service told me I had coolant leaking into transmission. Over $1.000 to repair!

Verified for the Nissan Altima