Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported car problems

Verified for the Nissan Altima

The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.

194 Reports

Reported by Jlehew for the Toyota Camry

Engine will not idle after a battery change especially when air conditioner is on. Read this is common problem. The computer that controls the engine idle loses it's memory and no longer remembers how to idle. Fix by driving the car between 5 and 10 miles. This puts the lost data back into the computer ECU and now it idles just like it did prior to the battery problem.

Reported by Azeraleo for the Nissan Xterra

My 2006 had had one problem after another , in one year I have spent over 2k in repairs and they said I will soon have to pay another 1700 to fix the quite high pitch noise I here that will soon get louder , and now my truck needs a new transmission , I am giving this car away hate it nothing but problems , and more to come . My truck started shaking bad after 60 mph and fixed it once 600$ then it happens again on other side , check engin ligh...

Reported by Hejatr and 1 other for the BMW 330i

Cooling system failed leaking all coolant. Required replacement of the coolant pump, thermostat and associated hoses. Cost to repair around $1700

Reported by Yashaca for the Ford Taurus

My check engine light has been on for a few months. Originally when the issue began, a local auto shop machine said that it was oxygen sensors. I recently replaced two and it ran fine for a day. It seems fine when its started but when its in gear, it shakes, and it barely picks up any speed. There is also a burning smell. the second auto report stated that it now need as cam sensor and ignition coil.

Reported by Mrs Faye for the Oldsmobile Bravada

I have a 2001 Olds Bravada. & Have been having issues with it since 2010. If I had to do it over I would say forget this SUV and have gotten a car. I've replaced wheelbearings, rear ends, fuel pumps, radiator, engine, oil changes, tires& now when you press the gas it will not accelerate. I am so fed up!!!

Reported by Gotz2Smile for the Chrysler 300

2014 Chrysler 300 only has 4,500 miles and the transmission went out. Was driving it fine the day before and the next morning the RPM gage started bouncing everywhere and I started to loose power, Engine light went on came to a stop off freeway. At full gas pedal was only getting out 2mph for speed.
Had it towed to the dealership, they thougt it was a software issue that was causing shifting problems. Turns out the Budding Valve in the tran...

Reported by DakotaMoon and 1 other for the Honda Accord

Transmission Control Unit/Module(TCU/TCM) for Honda models 1992-1994, were made with faulty components. I knew mine was bad, not only through my research efforts, but also because I took the TCU completely apart so that I could visually inspect the circuit board. That was when I discovered a burnt spot on one of the components. The Transmission Control Module is located under the carpeting of the floorboard on the passenger side. First disconn...

Reported by Toy lover and 1 other for the Toyota Avalon

it cost approximately $112.00 per coil not including the labor and if it i a coils in the back it will for labor $400. for each repair bc of the gasket that must be replaced. with that said, if 1 to 3 coils are in the back i do know 1 is and i haven't check to find out how many are located in the back behind the engine. if you replace 1 in the back economically it would be more effective to replace both at the same time to save money. Ever...

Reported by ESCAPEDFORD for the Ford Escape

Engine starting knocking about 80,000 miles, died completely around 110,000 miles. Just another example of to H' with the car buyer. The Escape has the right name, because after you get suckered into buying one, the only alternative is to wish for an Escape. Oh and see my other post related to this lemon about the alternator and transmissions (that's 2 out of my pocket transmission before 75,000 miles). I have owned Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford...

Reported by Ongiara and 2 others for the Buick Regal

Engine stalls when the turn signals are used. This happened at highway speeds and can be very dangerous. Also, the dash lights flashed on and off. Engine will restart but will stall again when you use the turn signals.

3 Reports

Reported by blackblack26 for the Nissan Altima

i have a 2006 nissan altima i can drive my car for a couple of hours and stop and go inside a store and come back and try to crank it start i have sit there for 25 to 30 mins intill it start when was the problem come aand go new it summer it do it everyday

Reported by graent for the Jaguar Vanden Plas

Handbrake stopped working; continuous error alarm if "hand brake" is tried, disconnect battery to stop alarm but error light on all the time. I have been told the brake module is seized and needs to be replaced. Can someone please provide insight and an estimate of repair cost. Thank you

Reported by Shortcircuit70 for the Pontiac Bonneville

A/C cool on passenger but warm on driver. Car has dual climate control. This problem occurred recently so I went online to find some solution. Everyone said it was the mix air damper control not opening completely. After standing on my head for 2 hours working under the dash I found all the motors were operating just fine. So I sat and stared and scratched my head. With the engine running and hood up and a/c on I found the problem.
Just a br...

Reported by starangel904 for the Toyota Tacoma

iam stuck in 4wd low and it is locked and will not come out how do i fix it i can not drive but 15mph please help

Reported by Scaybry for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Engine light come on for a second. Speedometer and tach flickers you can hit brakes it does. Seems like when it shifts or high speeds

Reported by Papagiglio for the Cadillac DeVille

under the front left fender/bumper area, there is a electric pump that pushes air into the catalytic converter. It runs for about 45 seconds when you start you car and once in a while there-after. The bearings went out in mine and I tried to repair it, but ended up replacing it. After 8 months, the new one failed. The GM dealer warrantied it and I replaced it again, which now has stopped working again.

Reported by charry24 for the Toyota Avalon

When I put my avalon in reverse, there was a loud grinding noise in rear of car.

Reported by Autohaus Lake Norman for the Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Land Rover Range Rover Sport vehicles were shipped with a Hitachi air suspension compressor, which wears out prematurely, causing the air suspension to become disabled since it cannot pressurize the system within the calibrated time frame. If the fault becomes active when the suspension is at "normal" height, the suspension is locked, preventing it from raising or lowering with a warning message "Normal Height Only". If the suspension is low...

Reported by Autohaus Lake Norman for the Land Rover LR3

Land Rover LR3 vehicles were shipped with a Hitachi air suspension compressor, which wears out prematurely, causing the air suspension to become disabled since it cannot pressurize the system within the calibrated time frame. If the fault becomes active when the suspension is at "normal" height, the suspension is locked, preventing it from raising or lowering with a warning message "Normal Height Only". If the suspension is lowered when the ...

Reported by charger10 for the Dodge Charger

I purchased a 2010 dodge charger sxt with 42k miles.. after a week of owning it, it developed a rough idle and occasional shutter and hesitation during acceleration and braking. Rough Idle upon leaving the brakes from a stop, and slow down from fast speeds. Rough Idle around 550RPMs until about 900,1000 RPMs. Have had brakes, throttle body, idle valve, engine mounts, brakes checked, rotors and discs all checked and resulted in no concern on t...

Reported by gentleman1234 for the Toyota Avalon

valley cover on intake and pcv valve failure lead to oil in my intake. Replacing both seemed to cure them problem not sure yet.

Reported by Bsw2 and 1 other for the BMW 750Li

Error is....drive moderately. Turn signal won't disengage when wheel is straightened up from a turn. Repair is to replace the steering angle sensor. Around 825$ at non dealer Bmw authorized repair shop.

Reported by Charlie705 for the Cadillac Escalade

Oil was dripping from Oil Pan Gasket.
Replace Oil Pan Gasket & Seal.

Reported by Yvtad and 1 other for the BMW 335i

Noticed when having difficulty starting the car, took it to dealer, they said it was the fuel pump.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz S430

Front thrust arm and control arm bushings can crack and sometimes tear completely. If this is not repaired quickly, damage to the front subframe unit will occur, which is very expensive to repair. Updated control arms (that prevent damage to the subframe when the bushings wear out) are available.

10 Reports

Reported by cmonnett for the BMW 335i xDrive

I had 3 pumps replaced, Oil Pump, Fuel Pump and Water Pump on my BMW 335XI with 52k on it. Now I have another problem, Cylinder Head Cover Gasket, and the car is shaking as hell. I notified BMW of Norht America and they said there is no recalls on this issues, accept th water pump and batery cable. I believe all the other issues should be racalls.

carina

Reported by etsuflash for the Ford F-150

The truck started emitting a very strong odor of coolant and had coolant present under the vehicle. This is the second time the truck has had the heater core replaced @ a $1000 a time.

Reported by maconguy44 for the Lexus LS460

Amplifiers started chirping then system stopped operating.

This models has history of AMP has to be sent out for after market repair at $700 or replacement from Lexus at $2600.

Rash of comments in forums with Lexus Mark Levinson AMPs with this issue.

Reported by puttytat and 4 others for the Cadillac DeVille

Just started last week. This warning has always lit up if I make a sudden stop, but then goes away. Last week it did not go away and now stays on all the time, even though the coolant level is fine.

5 Reports