Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported car problems

Reported by stevedi for the Chevrolet Tahoe

I run into this problem 1 day prior to delivery on a 2006-08 Tahoe 5.3 L, 6.0L I had no engine noise,that I can here after the low oil pressure went to zero and the warning alarm was going off. 10 min after operation. I noticed that cold start was only 25 PSI and got lower. to make a long story short. Techs. vehicles with active fuel management underneath the intake manifold.. hold the oil pressure switch. inside the port is a screen in the tu...

Reported by valeriedontgivea for the Lexus LS400

I have a 1995 Lexus Ls400 and the passenger side rear end air suspension is not working I was looking on ebay for the parts but I do not know if I should buy a conversion kit and replace all four and will that be all I need to fix it or will it be cheaper just to get a new air suspension and will I have to replace all four as well

Reported by tracib and 7 others for the Chrysler PT Cruiser

Today, 2/9/2015, my engine and ignition just shut down - completely stop while I was driving. This is dangerous and very scary. It is a computer and other problem which is Chrysler's fault and no fault of mine -- even though Chrysler does not make these PT Cruisers any more, it should be a recall. Chrysler owes me to fix this car for free or give me another one that is almost free since I should not be needing a car.

8 Reports

Reported by sliphide for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Right after I purchased my truck "new" I started having difficulty shifting at times. My wife refused to drive it "which was ok".
I took it to two dealers in the area and both said it was an issue with that model and there was no fix.
I recently lost all shifting ability fifty miles from home. after I finally got home my brother said he knew what was wrong " he is NOT a mechanic" but he crawled under then said yep and called me under. The ...

Reported by Buick Le Sabre 04 for the Buick LeSabre

I just purchased a 2004 Buick Le Sabre,it has 151,000 miles on it and it starts and cranks fine, but when put it in drive, it doesn't move, sometimes i can cut off and restart it and it'll take off but when i come to a complete stop it doesn't accelerate anymore. What should i do to fix this asap

Reported by Udulige for the Volvo XC70

Chance all 4 tyre. Its Cant find out if 2 tyre is more dovn then the otters this shud work. It works on my and otters i heer about

Verified for the Chevrolet Malibu

The ignition switch may fail causing a no start condition. This is not generally a theft system (passlock) issue because the security light does not illuminate or flash.

55 Reports

Reported by sundraho for the Chrysler Sebring

I was told that I needed back brakes so I had them fixed. Now there's that rubbing noise I hear and it is loud I didn't hear that at first, so now am being told that it's is hub bearing, so had that check,and that wasn't the problem, and problem still there an was told its going to get louder..Then he told me thst it's bearing in the transmission. I do know what that is and I never heard of that before..

Reported by Spud0418 for the Dodge Journey

My rear wiper only works in reverse! One of the back lights are completely out even though we changed bulbs radio works only when truck is open and back lock doesn't work at all. I had a mechanic run the codes and he couldn't even connect to see what codes were pulling!

Verified for the Porsche Boxster S

Depending on driving habits, brake pad and rotor wear can be excessive. Our technicians recommend regular brake inspection to avoid having the pads wear out and damage the rotors.

Verified for the Ford Explorer Sport Trac

If you are having an issue where the rear window wiper is not fully contacting the rear window, replacement of the rear wiper blade and wiper arm may be necessary.

2 Reports

Verified for the Mercury Mountaineer

The rear window wiper may not fully contact the rear window. To fix, replacement of both the wiper blade and wiper arm is necessary.

30 Reports

Reported by Sky re for the Pontiac G6

Leaking fuel at the fuel module return. Told I have to replace entire fuel pump. $920.00

Verified for the Audi A6

Our technicians recommend having the constant velocity (CV) boots and CV joints inspected at each service. Servicing torn CV boots early can prevent the need to replace the CV half shaft or CV joint.

Verified for the Porsche 911

The constant velocity (CV) boots and CV joints should be inspected at each service. Servicing the torn CV boots early can prevent the need to replace the CV half shaft or CV joint.

9 Reports

Verified for the Audi A4

Verified for the Audi V8 Quattro

5 Reports

Verified for the Dodge Intrepid

When shifting from Drive to Reverse (or vice versa), worn outer CV joints may cause a clunk or clicking noise. A loose axle nut can cause the same symptoms.

3 Reports

Verified for the Audi A4 Quattro

21 Reports

Verified for the Audi S4

15 Reports

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz S600

Front thrust arm and control arm bushings can crack and sometimes tear completely. If this is not repaired quickly, damage to the front subframe unit will occur, which is very expensive to repair. Updated control arms (that prevent damage to the subframe when the bushings wear out) are available.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz S500 4MATIC

6 Reports

Verified for the BMW 330i

Failure of the front control arm bracket bushingsoften referred to as thrust rod bushingsis moderately common. One symptom is a clunk or jolt felt in the steering when braking.

20 Reports

Verified for the BMW 323i

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz SL600

7 Reports

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz S500

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG

6 Reports

Reported by tnmorgen for the Subaru Legacy Outback

I had the battery replaced over summer, but it died immediately. It needed an alternator. The alternator failed and I had it replaced again - but it was a warranty repair. Went to a good mechanic for the work.

Reported by afarrelltx for the Volkswagen Passat TDI

While driving 40 mph in city, engine quit running. While cranking engine to restart it, a loud banging sound came from low in the engine. Engine would not restart. Suspected a failed, chain driven balance shaft module(common on the BHW engine). That was not the problem. Mechanic pulled oil pan and found crankshaft broken at the #2 cylinder, connecting rod journal. Purchased a used engine online. The shop did the BSM delete modification and ins...

Reported by trikerider47 for the Mazda Tribute

I live where there is a lot of winter driving. All of the doors have rotted on the bottom. I do wash the car at the car wash but this still occurred.